1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Arr! Why Aren't My Ads Relevant to my website?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by HydroJohn, Jul 11, 2009.

Hi guys,

I run a celebrity image site:

http://paparazziguy.blogspot.com/

but none of my adds are relevant to my site!!!

how do I make the adverts relevant to my website?

Many Thanks :D

HydroJohn, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  2. Atulmyboss

Atulmyboss Banned

Best Answers:
    I saw that you have lack of keywords in your articles . When you write article then before publishing it use google keyword tool to find good keywords . After that use those keywords in your articles .

Like for kim kardashian you will see that their are only 2 advertiser but we don't know for how long their ads will be live . That's why you get irrelevant ads .

Atulmyboss, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  3. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    All the ads are just general spam ones which no one clicks on!

4. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    But its a celebrity image site!

I cant write loads otherwise it will look like spam!

5. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The content of Adsense ads is determined by the text on your site, and if there aren't any ads relevant to your text you tend to get generic ones. I don't understand why you think writing original content would look like spam. It makes perfect sense for you to write a paragraph or two about the celebrity (mention their latest TV show, movie or sports feat) and where the photos were taken.

And, FWIW, most of the ads I'm seeing in your sidebar are relevant: on the Kim Kardashian post the top two on the left are for are for "Kim Kardashian", "Free Kim Kardashian Video" and in the left link ads "Celebrity Bikini Pictures", "Hot Celebrities" and "Hollywood" are in the list. On the right are "Play Paparazzi" and "Rihanna Pictures".

However, I'm also seeing a couple of generic ads on the bottom of the left sidebar, and all of the ads at the top are generic. It may be that there just aren't enough ads that are directly relevant to fill all the slots on your site. Try removing the ads on the right sidebar, for instance, and see if that puts more relevant ads at the top, where people are more likely to click.

Nonny, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  6. Modularresource

Modularresource Peon

Best Answers:
    The ads seem pretty relevant now. However I think you have too many sets of google ads on some of the pages. I think Google may even have a rule that you should not have more than 3 sets of google ads on one page. Some of those pages have 4 or 5.

Modularresource, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  7. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude your allowed 3 link units and 3 text blocks, please read the tos yourself before trying to tell me them.

8. Modularresource

Modularresource Peon

Best Answers:
    Originally Posted by Modularresource
    The ads seem pretty relevant now. However I think you have too many sets of google ads on some of the pages. I think Google may even have a rule that you should not have more than 3 sets of google ads on one page. Some of those pages have 4 or 5.

Dude your allowed 3 link units and 3 text blocks, please read the tos yourself before trying to tell me them.

Dude, TOS are very long and boring, that's why I said "I think" Google has a rule.... I wasn't trying to tell you you were wrong I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing something to get you in trouble. I've been using adsense for a long time and somewhere along the line I figured out that it was best not to have more than 3 sets of ads on one page. I didn't remember if it was because of TOS or just something I learned along the way through testing.

Modularresource, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  9. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok no problem buddy :D

just letting you know that my sites within adsense tos!