1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armed confrontations: Black Mail: An $8 million payoff: Tea Party Craziness

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Jan 1, 2013.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/26/republican-dick-armey-tea-party-coup

Lost in Christmas, New Years, the Fiscal Cliff and the people who are creating one financial crisis after another, each one accompanied by a threat to blackmail the United States is this little nugget.

Evidently armed confrontations and blackmail are the fundamental principles that underlie tea party thinking from its leaders. Either that or the leaders are deeply jealous of one another and are all trying to get rich off of the various contributors, rich and poor alike....to hell with their so called ideals.

Its probably both.

This is typical of a banana republic. brought to you by the current incarnation of the Republican Party.
    Meanwhile one uber rich tea party backer bought off Dick Armey with $400,000/year to do what he wants.

earlpearl, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The TP has ideals? I guess someone must have left some on their doorstep as a New Year's present. Let's see if they can figure out what they are (but I'm not holding my breath).

Rukbat, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately Rukbat, I suspect TP cult followers will take this up as standard operating procedure. Of course having enforcement wings is already standard operating procedure for them. That's not too far off from storming into an office with an armed thug and demanding whatever you want.

earlpearl, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Talk about a yawner of a story. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who has worked in big business knows that high profile terminations usually have security personnel accompany the person in question out of the building. Freedomworks is a business, the tea party is a movement, and one that is alive and well. Tea Party candidate Senator Ted Cruz will be taking his seat in today as testament to that fact.

Obamanation, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  5. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Oh really???? they were friends, previously. I guess you used to saunter around Castro with a Glock in your jock strap. I suppose its normal for you.

earlpearl, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The Castro, or Fidel Castro? Lol. I prefer the Browning to a Glock, and firearms are best left secured in the house, unless you have a job as corporate security or are headed hunting.

Friendship and business relationships sometimes end badly. It sounds like that was the case here. You notice Rep. Armey was later exited via a financial settlement that concluded his grievance at Freedomworks. Like I said, a yawner of a story. Freedomworks is one of thousands of tea party organizations around this country, without even taking into account the 45% of the population that supports Tea Party principals. Its better support than either the Republicans or the Democrats enjoy.

Obamanation, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    David - If you continue to portray us as violent lunatics... I'm afraid we're going to have to kill you.

You were warned. :p

robjones, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  8. earlpearl

Best Answers:

I might not have to wait for you. The other day I made some of the worst chili I can remember.

earlpearl, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Geez... I gave instructions for chili, I cant come make it for you. :p

robjones, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  10. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Don't know what went wrong. It was miserable. If the agony persists you might have to shoot me to ease the pain. ;)

11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Yet another legitimate argument for why guns must remain legal.

Obamanation, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid to ask what you put in it. Then again if you followed my recipe you'd be trying to wipe your butt with a sno-cone, so it probably wouldnt be any better.

robjones, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  13. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    I'm usually pretty good as a cook and with chili, though I go for a milder version of hot than Rob's (brings you to tears) version. But something went wrong. Either of you guys know someone with a gun to take me out of my misery? maybe you guys can ask a friend of a friend of a friend to find someone somewhere. I know you guys would never ever ever ever pack both being pretty far to the left of Nancy Pelosi and tending to want to settle disputes with the assistance of the local constables.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    @Rob: Christ, for a second there I thought the snow cone was part of the recipe. Had to read it twice to catch the humor.

Might be going out on a limb here, but why do I have the sneaking suspicion you are in fact a gun owner. Don't worry, I won't add your name to the publicity list.

Obamanation, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't spoil the mans reputation. For heavens sake, show some decorum. [He told his friends it's a movie prop.]

robjones, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  16. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    grpaul, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  17. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Lets go back to what occurred: Dick Armey, a former member of Congress and a former member of the GOP leadership in Congress has been a widely accepted leader of the Tea Party, one of the critical movers and shakers and more to the point a "point man" with regard to how the money is being distributed to people running for Congress.

Unannounced, Dick Armey, walks into the offices of FreedomWorks, his key Tea Party group with his wife and an armed associate and forces the President of FreedomWorks to vacate the offices once and for all.

In other words a crazed old man, a leader of the Tea Party and a key decision maker on where the millions of conservative $$ would go, has just gone ballistic and bananas threatening without provocation, (other than a disagreement) his colleague.

People go to jail for that kind of action and it is NOT normal acceptable or wanted in a civilized world. It is acceptable today in Syria, Mali, or anyplace else occupied and dominated by Islamic terrorist fundamentalists. Its exactly what is done in Islamic terrorist fundamentalist worlds.

Following a few months of turmoil within this critical teaparty leadership group, one uber wealthy businessman, supporter simply buys off the 72 year old Armey, who acknowledges he wants and needs the money for his old age.

What you have is armed threats, blackmail, buyouts, threats, and the basic foundations of a corrupt banana republic type movement.

Nothing like it anywhere else in the US these days but entirely in keeping with other corners of the fundamentalist terrorist world.

earlpearl, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Just thought I'd help you out with some very basic, entry level, junior business guy advice for people who have never seen the inside of an office building or managed a single business in their entire life.

Obamanation, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  19. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    O-nation: Your concept of everyday life in an office must come from someplace like Syria, Pakistan, or Mali where violence is common place. Its absurd to try and paint this example as common place and would be easily up there with destroying the very concept of offices as we know it.

I suppose its a typical NRA'ish kind of propaganda effort to promote carrying guns everywhere. If so, its an example of the extremism from the far right that simply distorts reality.

There was nothing commonplace about that instance in the offices of FreedomWorks, a leader in TeaParty thinking: It was an example of an armed threat, blackmail, and payoffs. You obviously want to hide that fact and promote that as commonplace. What gives, do you moonlight as an enforcer for a Mexican drug gang?

earlpearl, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  20. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry. You are quite right. The business law center and I have it completely wrong. Security guards at employee terminations only appear in places like Syria and Mali. Security guards who carry firearms are completely unheard of in America, and would be much more commonly found in a place like Libya or Somalia.

How dare these Tea Party types bring third world business practices to the gun free zone of America!

Btw, I've taken your refusal to confirm or deny your status as a firearms owner as an admission that you are, in fact, the owner of at least one firearm. Feel free to set the record straight if you like.

Obamanation, Jan 4, 2013 IP