1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Be patient. It might take months for the hat to do its magic, but it will. Just keep wearing it and making the monthly subscription payments and all will be well.

jrbiz, Nov 24, 2022 IP
  2. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not really a boudain eater,but it's good, and alot of people in Texas and Louisiana loves it.Boudain consist of pork ,liver ,rice ,jalapenos and all kinds of spices and it's squeezed into like a sausage. It's a good snack and some people eat it with crackers.If you've never had it before and you're in any one of these states,give it a try.You will not regret it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2023
    vrwrys, Feb 8, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that sounds really good. When I think of Louisiana and sausage, I think of Andouille sausage, but I definitely have to look into Boudain!

jrbiz, Feb 9, 2023 IP
  4. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    You can find package Boudain at your local supermarket, but I wouldn't suggest it. Not your first taste test.Unless it was freshly made.Where ever your at, you may have to do some recon.Down here, it's as prevalent as hamburgers.You just have to find a place that knows what they are doing.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    vrwrys, Feb 9, 2023 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know what, I have the exact same problem with Andouille sausage. Any brands that I buy up here in New England taste nothing like what is offered in Louisiana.

jrbiz, Feb 9, 2023 IP
  6. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    I don't doubt it.
    We are known for own smoked meats and sausages.I would love to take a trip up there and taste me some authentic New England chowder.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    vrwrys, Feb 9, 2023 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I have a colleague in Dallas and we often joke about him sending me some good BBQ while I send him some Legal Seafood Clam Chowder in dueling care packages. Perhaps we can start a "care package club" for regional foods. :)

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2023 IP
  8. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    That would be a win-win for our taste buds.

vrwrys, Feb 12, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That sounds amazing! I tried something similar when I was traveling in Romania. They like very fatty food there. And when we stopped at a tavern along the way, we tried their dish of the day. It was similar to what you described, but I think it was their traditional cuisine. I'm not much of a pork eater, but for the sake of experimentation, I thought I'd try it. I think this is the kind of food that someone who has tasted it once will never forget haha.

Petergoff, Oct 2, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your post. If you have any interesting pictures of food that you eat or have eaten, we would love to see it.

jrbiz, Oct 2, 2023 IP
  11. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://prnt.sc/yOcJ9rjvrz5R

I'm not much of a cook, but I'm trying. Made waffles with apple for the first time yesterday. Great experience, my wife loved it haha. Couldn't upload a photo here, but I took a screenshot of the photo (I always find a way out of a situation).

Petergoff, Oct 3, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks great! I love waffles. My wife has a new waffle iron that makes one large round waffle, instead of multiple square waffles like yours. All good, of course!

jrbiz, Oct 3, 2023 IP
  13. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My wife wanted one of these waffle iron too but I couldn't find any budget options unfortunately. Could you tell me which model you got?

jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We have the Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker which can be found online at USD$30. There are other wafflemaker brands that are 2-3x that cost.

Cuisinart Waffle.jpg

jrbiz, Oct 3, 2023 IP
    Petergoff likes this.
  15. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much, jrbiz!

jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not one much for potato chips and even less for popcorn. However, the wife found popcorn from Indiana (part of corn country, I suppose) that is a delight. It is lightly sweet and lightly salty. Definitely worth trying if you can find it.

kettlecorn.jpg

jrbiz, Oct 6, 2023 IP
  17. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On instagram yesterday saw a video of street food being made in India. For me it was strange and unhygienic. I realize that most people in this country don't have the resources to buy more expensive products to cook delicacies from five-star restaurants, but even tourists from other countries enjoy Indian street food. How do you do it? I don't understand at all what could be delicious about a simple chowder in a dirty pot that has been poured by dirty hands into a crumb of bread. Is it edible? Indian food is very strange.

Petergoff, Oct 31, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have only seen videos of street food in India, as well. But the food looks great and, obviously, millions and millions of people eat it every day. If there were significant outbreaks of food poisoning and illness, word would spread quickly and the street food business would wither away. I suspect that generations of street food vendors have the food safety issue figured out.

jrbiz, Oct 31, 2023 IP
    Petergoff likes this.
  19. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Undeniable. It seems to me now that the kind of videos I wrote about are specifically so designed to appeal to the public with their "originality" to amuse all these people.

The only dish I was able to taste was Egg Bhurji Pav. Sort of scrumbled egg with onions, ginger garlic, chilies and spices. Pretty good for indian food! It's served with bread or rice for satiety. Pretty cheesy but cooked in their traditional style.

I'm also blown away by their spices. It's a separate part of the cuisine that I've always had a love for. We have 4 shelves in our kitchen full of spices for every taste and every dish. For this I am grateful to Indian cuisine. food.jpg

Petergoff, Oct 31, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That dish looks excellent. I am definitely going to have to visit our favorite Indian restaurant soon. :)

jrbiz, Oct 31, 2023 IP