1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, we are vacationing right now in Southern California and last night we went to Universal Studios to see the new Harry Potter exhibit (and much more, of course.) We have been to Universal many times, but this was the first time we did it at night and it was to see the temporary Hogwarts Castle light show:

hogwarts.jpg

It was cool, but only lasted a few minutes. I was mostly amazed at how large this fake structure is.

However, the real reason that I am posting is because after the light show, we wandered about and then went and purchased a Butterbeer to drink:

butterbeer.jpg

While it is an alcoholic drink in the movies, it is non-alcoholic in the park. Slightly carbonated, it is the first drink that I have ever had that was butterscotch flavored. Very sweet and unusual. If you go to Universal, it is a must try.

jrbiz, Aug 12, 2017 IP
  2. Russell Chambers

Russell Chambers Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm from Maine, New England. I love my clam chowder, Clams, Lobsters, Shrimp, Scallops and everything.

Russell Chambers, Aug 12, 2017 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So post a picture and description of your favorites! :)

jrbiz, Aug 12, 2017 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, I turned on the news this morning and discovered that I missed the 12th Annual Marshmallow Fluff Festival this weekend:

fluffwhat.jpg

flufffest.jpg

Cute name and it took place in Somerville, MA, near my alma mater. I have posted before on this New England sweet treat, but I did not know that there was an annual festival in the town where it was created. The traditional use of it is in peanut butter sandwich which, when you add Fluff, becomes a Fluffernutter:

fluffernutter.jpg

But it looks like the festival had a lot of variations, including a S'Mores Taco made with Fluff:

fluffsmorestaco.jpg

Looks great and I am sure that there were many more options that I would have loved to try. Will make a point to make it there next year and report back, of course. It may even work into the DP Foodie World Tour calendar for 2018.

jrbiz, Sep 24, 2017 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Was walking through the grocery store for the first time in a while and came across a new Oreo product. I have previously posted in this thread on my favorite Oreo flavor (the white chocolate covered Oreo's that only some out around the holidays) but this new "mystery flavor" packaging really caught my eye:

mysteryoreos.jpg
    It's a promotional gimmick, of course, but we bought a package just to see what it was all about. I am on a low-carb diet right now, so I did not try one, but my wife did and she said that it was some sort of sweet, fruity flavor. One website that specializes in foods thought that it was similar to a fruity cereal like Fruity Pebbles or something like that. Have you tried them? What do you think?

By the way, let me invite some of our new members to post their favorite foods on this thread. Love to hear what you like and what are some unique foods in your locality.

jrbiz, Oct 26, 2017 IP
  6. f_rebolledo

f_rebolledo Peon

Best Answers:
    descargaaaaa.jpeg This is "empanada", it is one of the best typical chilean foods, if you're coming here i totally recommend it!!

f_rebolledo, Oct 26, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks great! I am seeing beef and onions, I believe? Is that correct? Any other significant ingredients? I am hungry right now...:)

jrbiz, Oct 26, 2017 IP
  8. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is delicious space created, love to discover the tasty food.
    My favorite Samosa and Jalebi
    [​IMG]
    :) I am Hungry right now :cool:

Arun Kumar Soni, Oct 26, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that looks fantastic. I will have to Google the ingredients, but they look great even without me knowing exactly what they are. :)

jrbiz, Oct 27, 2017 IP
  10. Arun Kumar Soni

Best Answers:
    You love these when you visit India go with Samosa and Jalebi or try to Discover some Indian restaurant in your area where you get these. :)

Arun Kumar Soni, Oct 27, 2017 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We will definitely have to add this stop to the DP Foodie World Tour! ;)

jrbiz, Oct 27, 2017 IP
  12. Arun Kumar Soni

Best Answers:
    Great Thank you ;)

Arun Kumar Soni, Oct 27, 2017 IP
  13. Penny44

Penny44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My kids have been begging me to buy these for weeks...they just KNOW they are going to be able to guess the mystery flavor and win the money. This whole thread is awesome and I now find myself absolutely starving! I am a Southern gal so my favorite foods are mostly in that arena. However, I am married to a chef and he is pretty awesome and cooking up anything.

For now I'll say my favorite meal is hamburger steak smothered in onions and gravy, with collard greens, mashed potatoes, and homemade cornbread. I'll post a pic just as soon as I can get my hubby to make it! LOL

Penny44, Nov 21, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, does that sound GOOD! Gravy on the mashed potatoes, too, and the cornbread slathered with butter would be my choices. And I like the collard greens when they are prepared with bits of smoked ham mixed in, of course. Looking forward to the pix!

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2017 IP
  15. Penny44

Penny44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most definitely gravy on the potatoes and tons of butter on the cornbread. I like to put onions and ham in my collards too and just a little bit of sugar when they are cooking. I was addicted to collard greens and chili (not together) when I was pregnant with my last baby. Weirdest pregnancy craving EVER!

Penny44, Nov 21, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. My mother was a teetotaler until she became pregnant with me and then, one day, she had a craving for a big mug of icy cold beer. That was back in the day when a pregnant woman having a beer was no cause for concern. Despite this initiation, I never developed a taste for it. My wife had a craving during one pregnancy for an Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich. There I was one Sunday morning desperately searching for an open roast beef sandwich place.

Definitely like the idea of onions in the collard greens as well, and how could I not like the idea of sugar? Would take the slight bitterness away. Will try that next time, for sure! Of course, up here in New England, it's just not the same.

Oh, and I forgot to mention on the previous post that I eventually did try the mystery Oreo's and I took a guess online. Not sure when the prizes are to be announced. I have honestly forgotten what I guessed, by the way, as I had a few options in mind at the time.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2017 IP
  17. Penny44

Penny44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are going to be something totally weird and unexpected for an Oreo like Passion Fruit or something odd like that. With my first baby it was pie and ice cream or whipped cream. They sell those little ones at Walmart for like 50 cents. Cannot tell you how many trips we made to Walmart at two in the morning for pie and ice cream. LOL Chili and spicy foods have been a constant during pregnancy for me though. 1 st was Wendy's chili, 2nd was Taco Bell mexi-melts and chili cheese burritos and the 3rd was collard greens and chili. I never did the weird stuff like peanut butter and pickles though. I worked with a lady who ate Oreo's and sliced cheese...:eek:

Penny44, Nov 21, 2017 IP
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Eww. I like cheese and I like Oreo's. However, the idea of eating both simultaneously is a bit much for me. Of course, I don't even like cheddar cheese and apple pie which is a tradition around these parts.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2017 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, usually by Thanksgiving, I have already purchased a holiday fruitcake. A few of my previous posts in this thread have dealt with my liking fruitcake, preferences, etc. However, this year, I simply did not get around to it and I was beginning to regret it when my brother showed up with one of these:

stollen.jpg

It is a Stollen and is basically a bread that is studded with candied fruit. Definitely satisfied my desire for a candied fruit based sweet, but a bit on the dry side. Moist fruitcake, would be preferred, but it was good to have something close for the Thanksgiving holiday. Will be sure to have a real fruitcake for Christmas.

jrbiz, Nov 24, 2017 IP
  20. bojanvuk

bojanvuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's definitely not for everyone, but I really enjoy it. It's a stripe soup, hot and spicy.

[​IMG]

What's interesting I've met a girl from Turkey once and she said that in Turkey they also eat it.

bojanvuk, Nov 24, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.