1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you using Article Marketing to Drive Traffic to your Website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Snoopy240, Dec 6, 2013.

1. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    article marketing is still working if you submit your content to quality and authoritative websites. nowadays, guest blogging has grown in popularity anyway. it is up to you if you chose article marketing or guest blogging. good luck!

earticles, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  2. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I no longer use article marketing - after all the changes - but article syndication would be a possibility if I had more time.

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is always best, Popular article submission website likes as Ezinearticles.com is accept genuine, fresh & quality content. Create article with detail information on article title, & do not write around the topic but write exact detail on topic then article marketing gives best results.

Paresh Shrimali, Dec 22, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  4. Thomas ten Hacken

Thomas ten Hacken Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also using article marketing for my Dutch websites. In the Netherlands we have a lot of article directories which can be used for free. This is the only SEO effort I use, together with on-page optimization. I have number one positions on keywords that are searched for 7000 times a month. I would definitely say that article marketing is a good way to promote your website.
    But, currently I am working on a Malaysian website. I tried article marketing several times, but saw no beneficial results. Maybe it depends per country? The Netherlands has a very big number of webmasters and article directories that make it easier to spread articles and find specific directories related to my topic (in the Dutch case this is solar energy).

Thomas ten Hacken, Dec 23, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  5. VinnyVin

VinnyVin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone!

Nice to be here =)

What about the idea of accepting guest posts as "blog posts"? The site itself is niche, and it features many guests' to write unique article that Google will not penalise.

However, there are few such sites. Article Directories contain many many different topic. This idea is actually to further niche the site into an article directory, but in blog format.

I have set up a site focusing on Viral Marketing it will be focusing on viral marketing topics. I will also be focusing on quality content and good backlinking techniques, the traffic will definitely grow.

What do you think of this solution?

If you have Viral marketing content and would want a place to feature, do contact me at !

Thank you.

VinnyVin, Dec 23, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  6. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend writing a few articles on sites like squidoo, ezine articles and hub-pages. Each of these sites have a large amount of users meaning your articles will be exposed to more visits and more potential for each and every article you submit to each of them. Check them out, you can't go wrong.

Thanks.

IsayHey, Dec 24, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. Rev Jain

Rev Jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is best, we provide a full information of our product and service, we can spread information of it using by an Article. other thing is no any bad effect in SEO by Article Marketing.

Rev Jain, Dec 26, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  8. silverpot

silverpot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think regular update can give more to your website. Good articles can be viral. But regular update will definitely bring visitor and bot again.

silverpot, Dec 26, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  9. VinnyVin

VinnyVin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree totally. Article Marketing is one good way to generate more traffic. However, many visitors and users of the article directories may not select your article's niche.

And in the sea of articles, its not easy to stand out. I am not saying its not possible, but I think there are alternatives.

For example, the idea I am throwing out is that, I am setting up a Viral Marketing content website (http://ViralProverbs.com), and I would offer marketers that write viral marketing content to be posted. In return, the author bio and Website will be linked back to the author's site. This is a niche content directory, it is the same as article directory, but in a niche way.

Article marketing is definitely good, but its getting slapped by google in the face right now.

If not, you have nothing to lose and if you are already providing to article directories, why not give nice content sites a try?

VinnyVin, Dec 26, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  10. tthompson37

tthompson37 Member

Best Answers:
    Is anyone still using Ezine articles these days?

tthompson37, Dec 30, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  11. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm actually about to get back with Ezinearticles.com - I used to write articles there couple years ago but stopped for a while ...

Now I'm back with better writing skills and ready to rock it there!

You can still get a lot of exposure by becoming a regular Author in the community. It's all about being consistent and sharing very unique and valuable content. Article Marketing will always work - IF you do it right and you are very consistent with the work.

:cool:

Snoopy240, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  12. Rev Jain

Rev Jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.. @Snoopy240 , Its a nice decision, You must get benefit from it. Best of Luck....!!!!!!

Rev Jain, Dec 31, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with this. It always amazed me how people said they got loads of traffic to their sites from article directories when I have never (ever, in twenty years online) seen an article directory result in a search I've done.

It used to be a great way to get links but Google has slapped those down, so you need high-quality content pointing to your site now. And if you're producing high-quality content, why not just post it on your own site and get the traffic direct? Only one reason I can think of: creating trust in potential leads if you're funneling people to a sale.

That's where article marketing strategies still work, like that whole tiered thing (excellent explanation, btw) - but that's SO much work that it really only pays off if your target site at the end of it all is an affiliate/sales setup that generates cash to cover the costs of all the other sites.

If you're generating revenue off ads, you just want traffic rather than the whole confidence/trust requirement of affiliate/sales sites. You want people to visit, read and maybe click an ad that interests them (or register a CPM hit), so you're better off posting the content on the end site and getting direct organic hits. That way you don't lose all the people who hit the higher tiers and never follow the links.

My 2c. Your mileage may vary. :)

TIEro, Dec 31, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. Suckerpunch

Suckerpunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I gave up on article marketing earlier this year as I was not seeing results at all. In fact, I am sure my reliance on this marketing item may have caused some penalties on my affiliate sites as I heavily relied on high PR article directories as a key link building strategy.

As for traffic, I very rarely saw traffic from the directories themselves but rather from people who were using content from these sites to build their own, leaving my backlinks intact. Again, these sites had little to no value in the grand scheme of things and probably ended up hurting me SEO efforts more than helping.

I believe with all of the changes to the Google algorithms, the value of creating content and submitting them for a low reward is generally not worth it anymore. My plan in 2014 is to concentrate on other link building strategies with the main goal of doing a heck of a lot more guest posting and reaching out to sites with decent authority in my niches to see what we can do to help out one another. Better links in addition to the chance of getting traffic from their built in audience.

All the best in 2014 and good luck!
    -Chris

Suckerpunch, Dec 31, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  15. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have good points here and well article marketing today works best with the best strategy. So you should basically create your own marketing strategy to go with your article marketing. The one I'm personally doing at the moment is a strategy where I'm using Article Marketing for a simple Tiered Backlink Strategy. This is helping me boost my Search Engine Rankings, and also with the proper marketing to each one of the Published Articles - and depending on the Article Site they're published on, I also get some traffic from Article Directories Sites.

I know it is a lot of work but with the right knowledge in outsourcing and a little bit of hard work - you can get a lot of traffic with article marketing.

What most people forget to do when they publish articles in Article Directories Sites is to Market/Promote the heck out of each published articles. You can't just publish articles with a link back to your site and that's it - you need to also work on the traffic to that article because your main site will also benefit from that.

Another very important key to success with article marketing is to publish unique and very valuable content that really solves specific people's problems. It's all about the value you bring to people that will get you the best results. And well it is also a lot about CONSISTENCY.

I'll tell you right now that I failed a lot at the beginning of doing Article Marketing throughout the first years of working online - but the only thing that GOT ME Results and Never Failed me was my Consistency....more than anything. Even though I didn't get much results, I just kept on doing it and doing it - and no matter how much work I had to put in - I just did it. Now I'm slowly increasing traffic to my sites by following a simple Article Marketing Strategy I follow every day.

If you are looking to be lazy with this, though, then you will not get results with this ever. Trust me, I know that from experience lol

If you blame article marketing for the results you are getting then you will never get results. I used to blame article marketing and thought it was a waste of time but my consistency was what got me the results with article marketing. You need to realize that it is not the strategy but the one behind driving that strategy to success.

The last and most important thing to get results with a good Article Marketing Strategy is to have a powerful Main Blog Site - (your money site). This is the site that can make you the most money - it will be your main monetized blog site. You need to capture leads and blog subscribers as much as possible. So of course you will need to work in conversions and all of that.

All of this IS a lot of work but it all comes down to how bad you want to get the results you want to get. Let me tell you right now that the hard work you put in here will only be at the beginning and while you don't have much to outsource and heck! .. even when you can't outsource anything then do ALL the work yourself. Unless you let an excuse stop you from accomplishing your goals. As you get results, make money and progress in your online business - then you can start outsourcing and you can then start relaxing a little bit more.

The price at the end of the tunnel is GREAT and that is the Real and True Financial Freedom in life.

It is all a process!... if you are not patience enough then you might fail.

I really enjoy writing long - valuable and very helpful articles and the more I do it the more I love it when it helps more people. If you don't love providing a lot of value through writing then you Article Marketing is not going to work very well for you and you should expect that. You need to realize that there is a reason why Article Directories Author are successful and get tons of traffic to each one of their articles - and that's because the provide a lot of value and they do it often BECAUSE they LOVE doing that.

Just my 2cents :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  16. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I only use articles for SEO purpose on my website and guest post. That's all. For me, article directory is so obsolete - you have to put in a lot of effort but little to no result.

Maybe I have not had much luck with it but I am pretty sure article directory method is very obsolete.

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 3, 2014 IP