1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you still doing well on msn?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by crazyhorse, Jun 20, 2005.

1. adman_9000

adman_9000 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a small site, only 3 pages, put together a coupla weeks ago & is number 1 on msn for my main keyword phrases. Quite surprised by the way it went straight to #1 with little work.

adman_9000, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  2. hmilesjr

hmilesjr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what the h@ll is going on with MSN. My BL's have fallen by nearly 100,000 and I am dropping in the SERPs. Not dropping bad, but dropping. Many of the sites ahead of me (not all of course) have less PR, BL's, etc.

hmilesjr, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  3. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those of you who are seeing drops in your MSN rankings, are you by chance using the co-op network?

Web Gazelle, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  4. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have 2 sites that use co-op who have dropped out of MSN. The others are still fine, but it may be on the chopping block soon?

maha, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  5. morewords

morewords Guest

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned, one of the sites that dropped did use the co-op network (as a target for links), but my other keyword-in-domain sites (not in the network) dropped in a similar way.

Another of my sites, with a branded name unrelated to search terms, DOES have co-op network links (with a weight of only 1800 though) and that HAS kept its positions, including #1 for a couple of 5-million and 11-million results terms.

morewords, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  6. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been doing very well with MSN. MSN is always the first to give my sites good rankings in keywords. My favorite high positioned keyword I have for a website is "online games". Now if only I could get that with google :p

ForgottenCreature, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  7. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    after on-page optimizing my site and getting few backlinks, I got ranked wery well in msn in almost all the keywords i am targetting. my website is new and is still 0 ranked in google, do you think that it will do in google as well as in msn after the next update

enQuira, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  8. ForgottenCreature

Best Answers:
    I doubt it. With google theres a lot more competition and google isnt as flexable even after the next update. If you are trying to get a popular keyword it will most likely take a few updates at least to get a decent rank.

ForgottenCreature, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  9. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    I can feel that I will make it. Actually even though my internal pages (targetting keywords) are not indexed yet by google, I get satisfying results for the moment (30-40) thanks to the ibls I think. getting the inside pages indexed will boost the ranking considerably I guess

enQuira, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  10. ForgottenCreature

Best Answers:
    I don't doubt that you can get good ranks, my point was only that it is harder to get the same ranks you have in other search engines than it is to get in google.

ForgottenCreature, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  11. cmeinck

cmeinck Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been seeing consistent drops on over 20 keywords for the past week or so. My MSN column in the tracking software has been seeing red. Somethings up, because I too used to own MSN.

cmeinck, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  12. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    I lost some ground for a few keywords of mine and the only thing I did recently was join the co-op.

Web Gazelle, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  13. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I lost a couple of keywords that used to rank well on MSN from co-op weight. MSN is pulling a triger on temparary links now?

dejaone, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  14. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    They did make a change in the algo recently. I wonder if they don't like the dynamic links anymore.

Web Gazelle, Jun 28, 2005 IP