1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Ready For World War III

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wazimm, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Israel circled over his home in Syria quite for a while.

Arnie, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good grief, first incursion since 2003 and they do this. Lol.

relixx, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    On the positive side, Israel feels that they have destroyed about half of Hezbollah's arsenal in Lebanon. They are likely to destroy as much more as is convenient, and then try to make some peace arrangement where the government of Lebanon agrees to destroy the rest.

In effect, the Israeli's are doing the job which the Lebanese government is supposed to be doing.

5. joelviztech

joelviztech Peon

Best Answers:
    You may not kill anyone, but if you really read the Bible literally and believe it, you'll find yourself taking a much more hard-line stance on many issues. Modern day Christians simply choose to ignore large swaths of the Bible because it is simply ridiculous (law that a woman's hand must be cut off if she touches another mans testes, many of the new testament exhortations to leave everything behind and purely become a missionary/martyr, etc.) The problem with Islam is that its adherents have yet to water down their beliefs in the face of modern liberalism and instead insist on remaining completely ignorant.

Please get your facts straight before you make ridiculous accusations. Check out Wikipedia's definition and then continue through to look at the witchhunt link. I think you might leave your fantasies behind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

It sounds like someone is bitter... Please open your mind to something other than what your pastor and mommy and daddy have told you. Do some research and see what real scholars and scientists (not "biblical scholars") have found.

joelviztech, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  6. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, read that far then realised that you're either a troll or a complete idiot.

either way, moving on.

Well, naturally Israel would be better at doing that job than the Lebanese gov - Israel is the nation Hezbollah hates the most, right? :p

relixx, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  7. joelviztech

joelviztech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm.... I wasn't stating my beliefs. That was a statement directly pulled from the Bible. I agree that it sounds idiotic because it IS idiotic. Which is why I am not religious and don't believe in a fantasy as ridiculous as Superman (who bears resemblance to Jesus, perhaps?).

8. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it's already here..can't sit around and stew about it. Lock and load your first 30-round magazine!!

SFOD_D223, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And, more importantly, Israel has an organized, trained, and functioning military.

The government of Lebanon has... some guys with uniforms and small arms.

10. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Uh, I never agreed to anything sounding idiotic other than your statements, as they're merely arguments by outrage. Also, you really should try and get your facts straight. The law in question doesn't have anything to do with a woman having her hand cut off if she merely touches, like you're implying, it actually relates to a very specific scenario that may or may not of been that common an occurance (btw, the passage is Deut 25:11-12). And yes, a lot of the laws will seem weird, but that's because we don't live in a world anywhere close to theirs and thus don't understand the social, political, economic, etc conditions they had to deal with on a daily basis.

http://www.tektonics.org/tsr/till02.html pretty much sums it up (you'll need to scroll down to the "Having a Ball" bit to get to the Deuteronomy 25:11-12 part, read the whole thing to help put things into context) He pretty much says the same things that I concluded while doing my own research into various biblical verses years ago. Note the "my own research bit". Which is, evidentally, more thorough than yours. See, I actually try to understand the stuff I read :p

relixx, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  11. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha, kinda reminds me of the South Park movie, where the Canadians had chainsaws...

relixx, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  12. joelviztech

joelviztech Peon

Best Answers:
    Deut. 25:11-12 "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

Hmmmm..... Certainly sounds like she should get her hand cut off if she grabs his balls. I guess there really was a different "social, political and economic" system then. Like perhaps a horrificly ignorant one that placed women in bondage to men and gave them no freedom based on an idea created by man to control others.

Thanks for the research published by a man who obviously is the top scientific professional in our world today. Next time you have research like that, forward it to a real scientist and if he doesn't burn it for the crap that it is, then post it.

13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  14. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ooorrr.... you could stop making arguments by outrage. I doubt you even read the content of that link.

Ooorrr.... you could stop with the Ad Hominem attacks and look at his sources, and from there look at his deductions, and then say whether he's right or wrong. That's what I did. In essence do your homework; however I do realise that it'll force you to do some actual work into the matter, and heavens knows you dont need to do that because you're already right :rolleyes:

Also, surely you mean 'scholar' and not 'scientist'? Because this topic doesn't enter the realm of science at all, thus it's highly illogical to seek their input on it. If you wanted a proper understanding of, say, the Endocrine system, would you go to a Endocrinologist or a chef? Note that that is a rheotorical question, because it should be obvious which one :p

relixx, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  15. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:

Hahaha, that was a good read. Yeah, she did make a mistake referring to that passage directly, seeing how Christians are not bound by the old Law

relixx, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  16. joelviztech

joelviztech Peon

Best Answers:
    Relixx, why do you insist on twisting the words in the Bible? You've made it so a day isn't really a day (Genesis), Deuteronomy's rules no longer are in effect (except for the homosexual one...), only parts of the New testament can be taken literally and the rest you haven't bothered to read. I am constantly amazed at how well religious people can brainwash themselves, just because they are afraid of a world without a father figure watching over you. Take over your own life, it's much better than trusting it to a figment of your imagination.

joelviztech, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  17. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    joelviztech, why do you insist on putting words into my mouth ("You've made it so a day isn't really a day" - I haven't said anything like that at all), make assumptions without ANY evidence to back it up ("...only parts of the New testament can be taken literally and the rest you haven't bothered to read.") and continue with the personal attacks instead of having a discussion?

And as for the "You've made it so... Deuteronomy's rules no longer are in effect (except for the homosexual one...)" bit, Im not sure if I should bother trying to explain anything to you anymore, as if you can't even name the correct books we've being referring to (the law dealing with homosexuals which was mentioned in this thread comes from Leviticus, not Deuteronomy) then how would you understand more complex theological topics, or even try to understand them? It's clear to me that you have a very limited understanding of the discussion at hand, and a distinct unwillingness to listen or learn.

relixx, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  18. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
  19. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys heard that Lebanon is saying it's gonna fight with Israel using it's own army if they invade? This could be the start of the roll. As allies of Lebanon will feel the need to "help" and allies of Israel will probably join in. So what do you guys think is this leading to the scenarion of WW3 or what?

Thank You

Diddy1, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    No, this is not leading to WW3.

Didn't we just have this conversation?

Will.Spencer, Jul 23, 2006 IP