1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you getting hit by the flubot?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sarahk, Nov 5, 2021.

I'm getting messages everyday from android phones hit by the flubot

I've added their numbers to an entry in my contact list and it's blocked. Are there any other tricks you use?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

sarahk, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1) Why is your contact list blocked? Did you block it or did the bots block it?

2) I am not getting any calls from those numbers.

mmerlinn, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I blocked it so that they can't send to me again - or I remain blissfully unaware that they've tried.

I'm presuming that they send locally so a phone infected in NZ will only send to NZ numbers. A phone infected in the US will only send to US numbers - unless there's something off about our SMS network that only NZ phones can be infected and be used to spam.

sarahk, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Makes no sense to me. Why would anyone block a contact list rather than block the spammers? I block only the spammers while keeping the contact list available for the contact information about people I frequently contact.

mmerlinn, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm only blocking the one "person" who now has 50+ phone numbers. I may get stung down the line if the real person and I need to talk but right now I like that in my messages I have just the one entry for the spammers and not 50+. Or is there a way to block a number without adding the number to my contact list?

sarahk, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I recall receiving that message with the same link not too long ago. On my Samsung Droid phone, when I go into the list of recent texts and click on any of them, in the dropdown menu at top right, one of the options is to "Block Number."

jrbiz, Nov 9, 2021 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's good that Android has that.

Turns out my iPhone trick doesn't actually work for text messages but I can hide alerts, so that's something.

sarahk, Nov 9, 2021 IP