1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you doing what you wanted to do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jaymi, May 26, 2021.

I think (and I may be wrong too) that most people who use these forums are in some way involved in internet related fields, such as web development, programming, marketing ,etc.

I wonder, is this what you always wanted to do, is this the dream?

For me it was a sort of doorway to the dream, it was a step in the right direction, but not the actual dream.

jaymi, May 26, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It wasn't the dream because the internet hadn't been invented and IT was still very misunderstood. I wish I'd known before I started my business degree. I wasted a lot of time working out that being a geek isn't so bad.

sarahk, May 26, 2021 IP
  3. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    Being a geek isn't bad at all!

jaymi, May 26, 2021 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    DP is more of a hobby/area of interest for me. However, my career did not follow the original plan other than I wanted to make as much money as I could. Multiple paths would open up simultaneously and I would have to choose one. Opportunities arose and some I seized and some I didn't. Did I make the best choices? Will never know, but it generally has been a good ride. Probably could have been better... :)

jrbiz, May 27, 2021 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well in your particular case there are negatives as well as positives. On the positive side you built a tinfoil hat empire that spans the world. On the negative side with all of your wealth, fame, and influence, you can't even get your *Like* button fixed.

There is a cruel irony to it all. :(

Spoiltdiva, May 27, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. John Chibvuri

John Chibvuri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I kind of fell into an opportunity..a great strategic tool indeed. I had not planned to do this. But it's exciting..
    Thanks interesting question..

John Chibvuri, May 29, 2021 IP
  7. Leadnetwork

Leadnetwork Member

Best Answers:
    It wasn't a dream definitely, but it becomes a really nice direction for me, so I enjoy it a lot

Leadnetwork, Jun 2, 2021 IP
  8. Chiara Light

Chiara Light Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i can say yes , i am doing what i want . coming to make my dreams come true .

Chiara Light, Jun 6, 2021 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    No. I always wanted to be a rock musician. THAT would definitely make me a lot of money. Who is with me?

qwikad.com, Jun 6, 2021 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Rock musician would be good. Myself, I want to be a professional Lottery winner.

jrbiz, Jun 6, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn and qwikad.com like this.
  11. charlesh96

charlesh96 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, it's more of a hobby. My dream is completely different things. I hope someday I will fulfill them

charlesh96, Sep 2, 2021 IP
  12. digital_partners

digital_partners Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At least for me, it is a situation that changes according to the events that are happening at that moment.

digital_partners, Sep 12, 2021 IP
  13. Brackwom

Brackwom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I went into university thinking Computer Science was something that I was meant to do, as I enjoy working/playing with computers and games.

But halfway through my degree, I realized that I don't actually enjoy Computer Science.

In my spare time, I would write story ideas in my notepad, I also used a lot of video editing software for the horror-themed videos that I made, I also did some songwriting. My genres consisted of Rap with the exception of one pop track and one Bollywood track too.
    So I kept using my spare time for my hobbies and finished my degree. Shortly after my ceremony, I found myself in the educational sector.
    Only God knows my destiny and I'll choose to tread gently

Brackwom, Sep 13, 2021 IP
  14. Peter Reinhard

Peter Reinhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    in general yes , but it might be something normal , if you will really do what you want with time you will start have problems with health ,low,family and friends , job etc...

Peter Reinhard, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think the OP was meaning are you in the career that you wanted when you are younger.

Take @Brackwom who thought a computer science career would suit but discovered the reality isn't right and has moved to another career path.

sarahk, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  16. Lorene

Lorene Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when you consider having more than 1 dream to fulfill in your life, than the whole internet thing would be just one of them for me :)

Lorene, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  17. Technophile

Technophile Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I quit my job because the business it was associated with had an unprofessional infrastructure due to not enough proper communication from workers, barely any employment benefits, and obnoxious stockholders that make employees fend for themselves when problems happen. These obnoxious stockholders are wanting all the money to themselves while making the business I was an employee in a train wreck. Because the roof was leaking, ceilings were damaged, products got ruined from outdated machines, new employees weren't trained properly due to not enough proper communication from trainers, etc. It was so unprofessional, disgusting, and dangerous working there. I didn't want a water pipe falling from the ceiling and sending me into a coma after my head got hit by it. I got tired of my fingernails, hands, and arms getting cut until they started bleeding because my supervisor was telling me to work dehumanizingly fast. It was a sweatshop job that I would not do anymore.

Technophile, Jan 13, 2022 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, can you advise what industry and geography that company is in? Glad you escaped it.

jrbiz, Jan 13, 2022 IP
  19. Technophile

Technophile Peon

Best Answers:
    I can. But I will not.

Technophile, Jan 13, 2022 IP
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, I am not doing what I wanted to do when I was still wet behind the ears. That is a GOOD thing as if I had continued, I would be miserable today. Well off, but utterly miserable.

mmerlinn, Jan 13, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.