1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you a vegetarian?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colleen, Nov 12, 2004.

?

Are you a vegetarian

1. Yes.

27.6%
  2. No.

65.4%
  3. Thinking about it.

7.1%
    I was talking to Anthony about pork and got to wondering how many of you don't eat meat.

If you are a vegetarian what made you decide to become one and how long have you been one, was it easy?

For those who are not vegetarian, would you ever consider becoming one?

Colleen, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, I wouldn't consider becoming one. The brain needs protein to function. And meat just tastes good (I like veggies too though).

So maybe if you don't get enough protein, you might actually get dumber... maybe. :)

digitalpoint, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe that is why I am so smart, right Shawn, the Mad Cow beef I have been eating? :confused:

No, in reality, I eat a hell of a lot of the above because I have been on the drug my entire life, you are right, some of us need it, but it sure as hell has not made me smarter.

That could be impossible (I am so smart already, right) since my brain was fried back in the 70's and 80's. :) :mad:

anthonycea, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  4. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine what I'd do with meat. I eat meat like atleast once a day. I need meat for body building because meat is a biiiiig source of protein. So I doubt I would ever be a vegetarian.

PhilipB, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it wasn't moo'ing at some point, it ain't worth eating.

lorien1973, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  6. sapphiro15

sapphiro15 Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant live without eating meat. I have to have a bbq as least one every two months otherwise I get bored of the other food.

lol, typical aussie huh.

phillipb, i thougt meat had iron and eggs had protein?

sapphiro15, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  7. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    One L in Philip ;)

Eggs have protein too, but meat is big on protein aswell. Eggs I'd get tired of eating so much, and I already kinda do. Meat is better because there are different meats, which means different tastes.

PhilipB, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had prime rib for the first time a few weeks ago. Man, thought I died and went to heaven. Best stuff I've ever eaten in my life.

lorien1973, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  9. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    Filet Minon is my choice in steak. I have it atleast once a month.

PhilipB, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  10. sapphiro15

sapphiro15 Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhh ok.
    hey if muscle building is it better to eat protein supplements before or after working out, assuming i only work out about 1-2 times a week

sapphiro15, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  11. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not a vegetarian but I am a vegetable sometimes before I have my morning coffee, does this count.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  12. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think you meant you can't imagine what you'd do without meat. ;)

I am glad I am not alone, I love meat, steak and ribs are awesome. Bacon for breakfast... awesome!

Colleen, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  13. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Steak for breakfast!!!

Hmmmmmmmm fillet steak. My mouth is watering! I'm almost convinced that I'm a meatarian! I dont like almost all vegetables. The only ones I like are potatoes, peas, baked beans and raw carrot (dont like cooked carrot). Oh yeah and I like tomatoe soup, tomatoe sauce, tomatoe crisps, cheese and tomatoe pizza but I dont like tomatoes. :)

Weirfire, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  14. quadcity

quadcity Peon

Best Answers:
    I limit the amount of meat, especially red meat, that I eat for health reasons. I see no reason to giv it up entirely, though. We're designed to be omnivores.

quadcity, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  15. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean steak for breakfast, I fixed my sentence. :)

Sounds like me Weir. I don't like almost all veggies either, only potatoes and corn. Same with tomatoes too, don't like them but don't mind them mixed into stuff. :confused: :eek: That's enough similarities for one day!!!

Colleen, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  16. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok less of the food chatter.. I'm hungry now! *goes to find bacon with hp brown sauce :D*

DarrenC, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  17. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Reminds me of the line in Beverly Hills Cop;

"Did you know that an adult male carries up to five pounds of undigested red meat in his intestines at all times?"

...of which the opposite is also supposed to be true that the average vegetarian has about five pounds of undigested vegetable matter in their intestines.

Colonic irrigation anyone? :eek:

I'm not a veggie but my dad, his brother and sister have been vegetarian for about 30 years. My step-mom's vegetarian and my 15 year old brother is too - he wears (UK) size 13 shoes, is 6'2" tall and weighs about... I dunno, 300 pounds, plus he's a very intelligent kid, so no lacking in brain-power there.

As a lover of bacon sandwiches, steak & fries etc. I have a lot of respect for vegans and vegetarians and may one day join them.

And if you don't think you can have muscles without meat, then check out Steve Holt, the vegetarian body-builder.

Lever, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  18. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    If I was to become a vegetarian I would have to give up hunting and fishing..
    I hate the unethical american "catch and release" fanatics. Last summer there was a fool that got a fairly large fish in a river I use to fish in. After almost killing the fish getting it to the river bank, then (after hitting the fish) he weights it and take multiple photos of himself and the fish. Then the bastard put the nearly dead fish back into the river. I went to confront him and he told me that it was cruel to kill fish and that he was a vegetarian. In that exact moment I could have killed this person. I did not.

Sorvoja, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  19. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know what the seafood is like where you live but in Australia it is the bomb. I love cooking and could never do without meat or seafood (esp for those romantic dinners), but you can actually get protien and many other powdered additions ofr vegetarian food.

Having read how they farm chieckens and lamb, not too sure though: http://www.vetsforanimalwelfare.blogspot.com/

Dominic, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  20. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Sorry K

I am so hungry now! Been cementing my aunties swings into her garden all morning and now I come back to this thread about food!! :eek:

Yeah, that is weird about the similarities. There aren't many people as fussy as me about their food lol

Weirfire, Nov 13, 2004 IP