1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you a Freelancer? Then give me a suggestion

Discussion in 'General Business' started by @Shrishraa, Jul 2, 2015.

Are you a Freelancer? How do you promote yourself to get more and more projects? Are websites flooded with competition like elance, upwork, odesk, freelancer, guru good to start as a begineer or websites like osprojectz . com getting introduced in this competition are more better to take a chance? After all every opportunity is worth attempting rather than wait for opportunity attempt you...!!! What do you all think? Please suggest me.

@Shrishraa, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  2. WANSEC

WANSEC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my freelancing experience, Ive found THE BEST way is to inquire locally. Like for instance with photography, shooting a ton of ads to all these freelancing site CAN help, but checking with local families and businesses and agencies FOR ME has always yielded better results. Ide say in any business (in my opinion/experience) once you hit about 30 regular customers make a big push for bigger cities with better market. A constant cycle of network,expand,reach out again and again. hard to go wrong and plus you have a big portfolio of work to show.

WANSEC, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  3. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started my career online with Freelancing and it only really kicked off when I started using the software Arbitrage Underdog....they have just updated it to include even more sites. I have a review on my site below!

daftdog, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  4. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    How about creating first a blog, a professional Linkedin account then start sending in your resume or sign up to other sites which are not yet explored by many freelancers (just make sure it's legit). Other than Upwork, I think you can go to virtualassistants.com, vanetworking.com or Staff.com. These are great sites for part/full time jobs. It's all up to you which site you should go first but most freelancers have found full time jobs at Staff.com.

jonrod, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  5. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Elance and Upwork are both good sites, but you don't want to rely on them. I use them for prospecting, but I don't have my entire business tied up in those sites.

mentat47, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  6. elsoft

elsoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have worked with many of the freelancing site. Most critical thing is to get your first project. Once, you get that and you do a good enough job, things will become relatively easier. Most sellers look for providers with some level of experience, so its important to get ratings initially.Of course, you should know what you are good at and focus on that domain rather than spreading out.For example, if you are good at writing, focus on that.

I hope that helps you. Let me know if you are looking for anything specific, I will try to answer from my experience.

elsoft, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  7. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancing is awesome, but it's also a very difficult job. Means you don't have safe earnings every month and you have to study carefully every move (means every expense). BUT you have a lot of time, you can manage all your resources. Also, your successes are yours while working in a company anything you do is property of the company.

8. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about joining a team on upwork. Let me know if your interested and also let me know your skills.

etc, Jul 26, 2015 IP