1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are we allowed to post the amazon product link on youtube description?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by etc, Sep 13, 2015.

I am just wondering if we can do this because I believe I can make more sale there as my videos rank well on youtube. Are we allowed to post the amazon product link on youtube description?

etc, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  2. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At first I thought, why not? Amazon allowed us to post product links to twitter and facebook. However, after some google search, it might be against both Amazon and Google TOS.

The answers are not consistent here:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+site:http://forums.prospero.com/discussions/Amazoncom_Associates/

But mostly are against it.

th.sigit, Sep 13, 2015 IP
    etc likes this.
  3. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay that I understand but will the link of our blog to where my amazon link be allowed to be in the video description?

etc, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  4. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  5. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    No you can not - check ponit nr 4 of Youtube TOS. You can put links for yours webs/bussines only.

In YouTube's Terms of Service, section 4.D., it says, "You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain YouTube's prior written approval: ... the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content..."

YouTube's Partner Program Policy Guidelines says, "Do not embed third party advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within your video content. YouTube does allow you to upload paid product placements provided you give us notice first."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    angrypig, Sep 15, 2015 IP
    etc likes this.
  6. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lets say i have a video about china and thier military base on the west pacific seƄ, can i put my webpage url like domain.com or blogspot.com in video description? I wanted to clarify this because i dont want my adsense banned.

etc, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  7. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    If there are outgoing ads to third part companies (which Adsense system is), you can not.

Bro, abuse of YouTube TOS won't hurt your Adsense account... even if both companies belong to Google - because you're not able to control who is linking to your website.

You'll just get youtube ban, thats all.

8. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    really? because I'm also monetizing my youtube videos through adsense.

etc, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  9. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    You were talking about redirecting traffic from YT via links to website, where adsense was installed. In this situation your adsense account is safe.

Even if you're monetizing your youtube videos through adsense, your adsense account is safe, when you will ban for linking to third part advertisers.

Just read carefully YOUTUBE and Adsense TOS.

You can get ban on Adsense when put it on SPAM content. That all.

10. JohnJD

JohnJD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a chat with an amazon assoc representative and is NOT allowed unless you own the full content of the video.

JohnJD, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  11. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    Well thats very interesting, but I dont think its true, otherwise it should be listed on AMAZON Tos, but its not. Have you any data to prove it?

angrypig, Oct 3, 2015 IP
  12. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, why not. They are awful long links and I find to get a more click through rate when I forward it from my own domain.

EPol83, Oct 7, 2015 IP
  13. coopersimith

coopersimith Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw many Youtube channels doing products review and the owner put the Link of those prodtcs in their discription. So why not?

coopersimith, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  14. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could always make a site that handles all of your redirects and just...ahem...link to that site. :)

Not sure that this is 100% legit, but I've seen a lot of people do this with good results.

Or if you have a related blog, just link them to a page with info related to the video (where you can safely stash your affiliate links).

wwstewart, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  15. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're not supposed to. However, I and others do it anyways. It's basically, do it until you get banned, and then restart an account and run with it. That's how a LOT of people in internet marketing are pushing sales etc.

sirjorgeofculver, Nov 11, 2015 IP
  16. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In Amazon TOS there is a rule that says you can only display links on domains that are approved in your associates account.

However, amazon do not care a lot about these rules. You can do it if it is not harm for them in terms of brand ( associating them with pirated or content without usage rights ). But if something bad happens they can suspend your account and they will do it right away. One complaint and you could be gone because you already break the TOS.

Think about it, someone sees that you copy content and use if for displaying affiliate links. Or you simply re-create other work or post spam video content just to show links. Users get angry because you keep doing black hat stuff, spamming, pirating, etc and they notice that you display affiliate links from amazon. They figure out easily that you spam because you earn money from amazon, so they make a complain and you get suspended. If you only post links in original content that helps people and don't spam then you should be safe. But most marketers who use this technique create dummy/spammy content just to get some traffic to affiliate links, which is bad. Then, they come here complaining why their account got suspended.

Bottom line: If you create video content to help others, to provide value then you should be fine. If you just create content to make some sales then t is only a matter of time.

thedark, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  17. Kazi Aminul Islam

Kazi Aminul Islam Member

Best Answers:
    Please simplify your message.I could not catch you.

Kazi Aminul Islam, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  18. Certified

Certified Peon

Best Answers:
    Build a amazon store on your own domain and link there?

Certified, Mar 7, 2016 IP
  19. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    You are not allowed to place any affiliate links in the description of your videos, but that doesn`t mean you can`t place links to your own website there.
    If you have a website, just place your affiliate links there and direct the people from Youtube to your website.

HCFGrizzly, Mar 7, 2016 IP
  20. JohnChase

JohnChase Peon

Best Answers:
    This legal blog says you can use affiliate links on YouTube: http://blog.thecorporateattorneys.com/2016/11/can-i-use-amazon-affiliate-links-in.html

JohnChase, Nov 9, 2016 IP