1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are warez boards illegal?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by error47, Aug 2, 2008.

1. gjvblack

gjvblack Active Member

Best Answers:
    warez is a risky road down. It is illegal in USA (of course) if you live in USA and try to host it somewhere else like hong kong or russian, these undercover people always have a way of finding out these things.

gjvblack, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. ntvirus

ntvirus Peon

Best Answers:
    i think warez are legal and every one should use warez intea of wasting money.
    1.due to them a person who cannot purchase a script of 3000$ can get it for fre and enjoy it. i am using a lot of warez and thay are worth 1000000000$ and no can can surf so much money on these small softs so i think they have providied us with the fun we can,t purchase. In our life i n our country i never saw a legal soft or song cd. here no matter how much is the cost of any content you can get it for .25$. mean 4 office cds in a dollar and its amazing that government itself is promoting and runnig these shops they are every where. here a shoe polisher can get those softs which all of you hating warez can,t get hah aha ha

2. the warez are not like mango,s hanging on tree it takes a lot of hard work on cracking softwares
    and not all can do it i don,t think any one of you discussing here can do this (except me).
    3. if you can,t find any one to host your site simply purchase a second hand ppentium three or pentium 4 pc with the specs you want and install a cracked windows server suite on it and purchase a good internet connection like 10mb/s and run your own server no body can ever stop you no matter what you do even if you run child pron etc. thats because you are runnig your own anonymous server and a hidden server. i bet you would never be traced until you try to interfere with secret agencies and try hackin and untill (fbi) runs behind you he heeh he.

ntvirus, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. ntvirus

ntvirus Peon

Best Answers:
    i am going to run my own servers 10 or 20 such servers as soon as a 10mb/s net speed is available in our area because no one here can stop me because here the police an other all the government institutes are running cracked windows and other office softwares so no one can blam each other h a ha haaha

ntvirus, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    However, "Person X" shouldn't have access to the suite if they can't pay for it. I'm sure you'd agree. :)

AngelaE8654, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. BenGregg

BenGregg Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, though, Adobe Photoshop isn't worth that much, I much rather download the warez. Half the software on the Net isn't worth what its priced at.

BenGregg, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  6. Napoleon

Napoleon Peon

Best Answers:
    If it isn't worth that much, then don't use it.

Napoleon, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  7. Cakk15

Cakk15 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need offshore hosting

Cakk15, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  8. wildfire95

wildfire95 Peon

Best Answers:
    LISTEN TO ME NOW!

WareZ forums are not illiegal.

The reason? As long as no warez is hosted on the site, its perfectly legal to host a warez forum, your only LINKING to warez.

wildfire95, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  9. Cakk15

Cakk15 Peon

Best Answers:
    True but he might want to host warez files on his site

Cakk15, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. deleted-account

deleted-account Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have any proof to back that ridiculous claim up?
    Because I'm pretty sure North Korea doesn't care much for Piracy, or anything for that matter.

deleted-account, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  11. Cakk15

Cakk15 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Romania cares either. My friend owns offshore hosting there I think.

Cakk15, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  12. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    The noose around warez boards or hosting will get tighter and tighter as the huge software companies throw their financial mights into lobbying for tighter laws. FTAs with the USA typically need to involve intellectual rights protection, so as the FTA agreements increased, more and more countries will have to legislate laws against warez.

wisdomtool, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  13. destinyx

destinyx Guest

Best Answers:
    Get hosting in a place like amsterdam and you'll be ok.

destinyx, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  14. deleted-account

deleted-account Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly a whole lot of countries DO NOT CARE for Warez or say they do and don't stress anything.

deleted-account, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  15. drkcode

drkcode Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your country m8, I mean, Google indexes rapidshare links, why can't we?

drkcode, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  16. splitice

splitice Active Member

Best Answers:
    seriously, i would like to get a legal point of view from an actual lawyer.,

splitice, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  17. Whippet75

Whippet75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good point....however, I dont think the man with the curly wig would buy that one !!! lol

Whippet75, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  18. falsealarm

falsealarm Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, with that logic you can pretty much do anything in life. You think that $400k "Ferrari" with the 10Mpg is not worth half the money, STEAL it. That "cashmere sweater" you saw down at the mall is not worth half the money, STEAL it. Why not just steal anything you think is not worth the retail price.

Seriously, w@rez is illegal and there is no way to justify it. Anythime you think a price tag for any software is too high, GUESS WHAT? There is an alternative for it. There is an alternative for Adobe, Windows, anything you name, there is an alternative for.

falsealarm, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  19. Goran

Goran Peon

Best Answers:
    As posted before I believe that hosting a warez forum is not illegal because you are linking to files just like google (google adobe rapidshare or something to see for yourself). Hosting the actual files would be illegal.

I also agree that a lot of the software is overpriced.

Goran, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  20. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, you'll get a variety consistently saying hosting warez is mostly illegal. It
    won't stop lots of idiots insisting it's not illegal no matter what.

But let's put it this way: it's illegal in various countries, especially the Western
    ones. It's currently not illegal in every part of the globe, which is where some
    folks are trying to put their stuff in to avoid liability.

Sadly there's no realistic way to stop them all. One can only do so much.

Those hosting warez, though, had better hope their jurisdiction's police force
    or so can protect them from people who want to make them regret doing that
    sort of thing. There are such people, after all, and some of them might find it
    a challenge to go after them no matter what.

One can argue a software is overpriced, while obviously others (especially its
    maker) can argue its worth its price. Don't know who's right at that point, but
    I guess some people don't care.

Dave Zan, Oct 25, 2008 IP