1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

are .vegas domains worth anything

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by allen brody, Mar 11, 2016.

i bought about a year ago domains with .vegas
    are these worth anything do they have any value?

allen brody, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    All those new extensions are highly speculative investments.

dcristo, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  3. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Unless it's something crazy awesome like hotels.vegas, you're most likely looking at a buy-and-hold for a few years if you're wanting to make big bucks on it. And that's a big if.

Goob, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep, it's what you do with them that gives them value. Some can be used beyond the obvious such as roto.vegas which is the nickname of Rotorua, a city in NZ but nobody is going to give a damn if someone cybersquats the name. They'll only get excited if you build a really cool site there.

sarahk, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  5. allen brody

allen brody Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have
    kings.vegas
    visa.vegas

do they have any worth?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    allen brody, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say no.

If you need further proof that all those new tlds are nothing but worthless crap, please consider that the more sought-after domains are "reserved" by the company running the tld and they charge outrageous prices for them.

loans.xyz costs $65,000 a year to register. What a joke. Nobody in their right mind would pay that for a worthless .xyz tld.

But wait! There's more! The company that operates the .xyz tld (gen.xyz) will allow you to register it for the low low price of $55,000 a year! Wow! On other registrars it costs $65,000 a year, but on the website for the sponsor of the tld you can save $10,000 a year! Wow! What a deal!

icann.org/resources/agreement/xyz-2013-12-05-en

billzo, Mar 15, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buying such thing is kinda risky, unless like what Goob said if you associated it with a good domain, or if the site is very interesting then that would be enough. How much does it cost you anyway??

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  8. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The crazy things about domains are they're worth what a single person thinks they're worth! A million people could say RandomDomain.com is only worth $10, but it only takes one person to think it's worth more and pay above that. The problem with these vanity urls like .vegas is that your potential pool of people who might buy it will shrink. Kings.com would be a no-brainer, but Kings.vegas is only valuable to somebody in the Vegas area/community. I could theoretically see kings.vegas or visa.vegas being worth $XXXX, but it'll take more effort to sell.

Goob, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  9. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that it only takes one but as a smart businessman--at least I think I am--I try to find domains with mass appeal. That way, I don't have to spend the time and effort to market to millions of people, I can hit hundreds and make the sale.

scithe, Mar 28, 2016 IP