1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are these subject to Copyright ? [Technical Issues of Copyright]

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by AsadMoeen, Nov 10, 2010.

Well.

I have a Versatile News blog. A 15 year old boy is now seriously making me mad. He's pissing me. He says if we put online Streaming Videos to our wordpress blog which are of course through other sites like Youtube, our adsense account will be blocked. He says this happened with him due to Copyright, about which I'm quite sure it must be something else.

Also about giving Download Links from websites like Rapidshare is danger according to him. Just wanted to make sure because I shared an Indian Drama Serial Online video which can be viewed via Online stream at my site. People record through TV and share it at websites like youtube.

So I just want to make a few things sure:

1) The videos are fine I think as long as they are not hosted on our Server since we are just sharing content originally hosted by others like Youtube. Right ?

2) Links could be a danger but just asking like if they are Shared on Hosts like Rapidshare, are they still a danger ? Because basically we would just be sharing content which is actually hosted by Rapidshare so Rapidshare should be responsible if it's copyright . Adding a statement would be a good option for Videos/Links I think.

AsadMoeen, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong. Sorry.

Some countries have a different copyright law, but here in the United States you can't do that.

Think of it this way: You created a video. You don't want anybody using it without first getting your permission and, if you wish, paying you a fee.

Now, how would you feel if a slew of sites have downloaded your video without your permission?

The copyright law protects people like you.

As in the case of Youtube, they state in their site that people who submit their videos will waive their copyright protection.

(It's the same with article content sites. It's states in their sites that once you submit your article to them, you waive your rights.)

Think of it as Youtube giving you a piece of paper that states you have waived your rights once you submit your video to them.

Make sense?

If a person submits a video that is not theirs, it's just a matter of time before the owner finds out about it, and tells Youtube to take it down.

This is why you see so many videos on there that is no longer active.

No. It's just a source to the copyright info.

If you wrote an article, or had a video up, it is automatically protected, but I can tell my readers about it through a link. "Hey, everyone, check out this cool video."

Make sense?

Now, not to confuse you here, you can play a small part of the video and put a small part of an article on your site without violating the copyright law.

As long as it is not the whole thing.

Many savvy webmasters will play part of a video, and then write up a commentary article underneath it. Then they will link their readers to the site that has the video.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
    Perry Rose, Nov 11, 2010 IP