1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are there any genuine good SEO out there?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Doublespresso, Aug 24, 2008.

I've been burnt a few times now and I have yet to find a genuine, honest SEO who really knows what he/she is talking about.
    I'm desperate for an honest SEO but most of the ones I come across seem to be full of BS - which you get to find out only after you get sucked into handing over considerable amounts of cash.

Is an good/honest SEO a contradiction in terms?

Am I asking too much?

Doublespresso, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  2. vK3

vK3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't fall for tricks of any type, just do it yourself! It's really not that hard to learn DoubleEspresso.

Start to look around for a few Free SEO Guides, and go from there. Between building a few links, picking up a few advertisements on some related sites, and optimizing on-page attributes, you should be fine!

Otherwise, I would suggest going with a top "guru" on the matter. You can expect to pay a bit more, but the results should be guaranteed. Good luck!

vK3, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  3. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, i'm a medium optimizer but i dont get costumers in DP because i have 100% green Itrader and want to keep it that way. People in here agree to receive some work after 90 days, but after 10 days site doesn't rank number 1 and they ask for refunds and/or give you a Negative Itrader! lmao :p

This way more and more people are scammed from "seo's" wannabe since the real SEO's don't give a piiip about this place nor do bussiness in here.

Good luck finding a SEO in here that can produce something real, something you can do it yourself with some 3 url's and some weeks of private work...

;):p

scubita, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, just review my SEO Service thread in my signature, plus review my iTrader and my Civic SEO knowledge database. :)

astup1didiot, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  5. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a great deal of honest SEOer. PM me if you would like to meet one.

catanich, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  6. Doublespresso

Doublespresso Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you described them right, a lot of peeps here are SEO wannabes. So where do the serious guys go to get serious business?

As for doing the work myself, can you let me into the secret of the 3 urls? I'm willing to work hard ;)

Thanks in any case for the reply.

Doublespresso, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  7. kufflinkz

kufflinkz Peon

Best Answers:
    Most great seos dont work for other people or will charge you 200$+ an hour. There is a lot more money in doing it for yourself.

kufflinkz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  8. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    $200 an hour, you must be picking the wrong people. Some of us do charge hourly, but that is usually changed when a big client comes into the mix, then a base payment is usually agreed upon. SEO pricing is really funny when it comes to some people, it really should be based on the actual clients allocated funds for that specific project. More money equals more time spent which equals quicker results and more keywords and phrases that can be worked on.

It's classic that so many clients just want one specific phrase or keywords, or just a few. When doing SEO you should consider all the "thousands" of keywords and phrases your site can rank for; which in turn can generate more traffic in the long run that is even more targeted. Be smart when choosing your SEO, they should be guiding you.... not you guiding them.

astup1didiot, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  9. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are probably some very good people for doing on-page optimization and keyword research, but that only goes so far.

When it comes to getting quality backlinks, the top SEO firms (and there are probably on a half dozen or so) have developed connections - which is really what you are paying for.

Any SEO that can give you the complete package can make a lot of money by operating their own sites - so they get high fees to offset this. These "top" SEOs want accounts spending a minimum of $5K per month. $5K a month may seem like a lot, but it's really not when you consider what a their own sites could generate. You're really paying for their connections with authority sites that are flying under the radar selling links.

mjewel, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    They are the connections. They own networks of quality sites. And yep, they have some solid connections.

Agree again.

That's why i said you can do most part of SEO job offered in DP: do extensive research, analyze serp's + competitors + difficulty, cross test competitors, get targeted urls, and so on. Sh#t, just read and test! Learn to do it for yourself! Do you believe we have some exotic weapons or what? This is the internet for christ sake! lol

:rolleyes:

scubita, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  11. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:

It's true, lot out there who know jack.
    Even those who are good make mistakes too due to algo changes.
    As a suggestion by a SEO product such as SEO Elite. It will give you a heads up as to what your guys should be doing.
    Mostt of serps is down to two things
    Page title and links.
    Thus serps can be setermined by site structure, rather than site content and by inbound links.
    There are some guys who do it via fantastic content, but in reality most of us are selling something, and there is a limit to what you can say about a toaster.
    You need linkbuilders, not SEO. Have a look at what linkbuilding your competitors have done, the rest is easy.

Valley, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  12. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    If i had to reply to this thread, i would of said "exactly" that! Now you have gone and left me with nothing meaningful to say. ;)

sweetfunny, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  13. Tripta_Kneoteric

Tripta_Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    Selecting a genuine SEM firm can be tricky but by checking references, case studies and sample report you could possibly tell who they are and what they can actually do for you. Agreeing on campaign deliverables to achieved and linking payment to these deliverables would ensure that you only pay for quantifiable results and thus minimize the chances of getting ripped off. Happy hunting

Tripta_Kneoteric, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  14. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Well, I can't let SweetFunny beat me out in "every" thread! :D

astup1didiot, Aug 25, 2008 IP
    sweetfunny likes this.
  15. jacky123

jacky123 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is an ongoing process and need maintenance. If you are choosing any SEO firm then must view their portfolio and also assign maintenance work.

jacky123, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  16. www.rapidvectorseo.com

www.rapidvectorseo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are going to hiring any SEO firm or SEO Free Lancer you must see his/her portfolio.
    Review the copy... Don't be confused in pricing,
    You should look at your targeted Goal.
    And if it;s bit hard than you should not negotiate with pricing structure.

www.rapidvectorseo.com, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  17. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are plenty, but I doubt you would find them touting for business on Digitalpoint. The market rate here isn't enough for any decent SEO to work any results with and it's full of scammers.

MattUK, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  18. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    You left our selling snake oil

Valley, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  19. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:

Oh, I have some of that. And a bridge. And a...

catanich, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  20. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    true that.

listen what you get up to behind closed doors and all that, but we don't all want to hear about Sweetfunny beating you off in every thread thanks ;)

SEOibiza, Aug 26, 2008 IP