1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Spinners worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WebBuddy, Jul 5, 2009.

?

Have you ever used an article spinner

Poll closed Jul 20, 2009.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL you didnt even answer either of my questions . . .

1) What do you want a cookie ? ? ? ?

2) FOR EXAMPLE WHERE DID YOU GET THE KNOWLEDGE TO WRITE YOUR ARTICLE ! ?

YOU RE-WROTE SOMEONE ELSES LOL !

locals, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Your first question is just obnoxious and doesn't warrant an answer. And if you read carefully, you'd see your other one was indeed addressed.

jhmattern, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  3. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry couldnt find an answer to where you get your knowledge to write articles from . . . unless it is from a " rat's ass " . . .

So how do you get this "unique content" to write about if you have not read someone elses article and then REWROTE it in your own words ?

and . . . would you like a cookie ?

locals, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  4. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    I smell something coming up.

But for now, I shudder at the thought of article spinners replacing writers. ;)

cd928, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    can I have a cookie?

contentboss, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  6. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    me too :D:D
    pls send links to where i can find one :p or may be I can spin it first so that it becomes MY cookie:cool:

WebBuddy, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  7. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you need the content to accomplish. If you're using articles for marketing and directory submissions then a spinner has it's use. For creating quality content however, spinning software is sorely lacking.

AC-Coach, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  8. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a common misconception. Spinners are not generally designed to CREATE content.

they are designed to help you get the best from it. Content creation software tends to have the word 'wizard' or 'assistant' in it.

Basically, saying " For creating quality content however, spinning software is sorely lacking" is like saying " For creating quality content however, spellchecker software is sorely lacking"

contentboss, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  9. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm well versed in the uses of spinners Content, Actually, the two don't equate at all, but we'll leave it at that and agree to disagree

AC-Coach, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  10. Blinker

Blinker Peon

Best Answers:
    I empathise if your work has been plagiarised. I know how it feels. However, as you mentioned the Courts, why didn't you take that course of action, instead of going to the self-styled 'Gods' of the Internet?

Without knowing the facts I can't criticise you for what you did, but the Courts are the best place to settle the issue. After all, that is your entitlement, and if you are on safe ground you have nothing to fear with regard to financial loss.

jj

Blinker, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    A court case can take months or years and thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars to pursue. It's much easier, and faster, to pursue the matter independently. The laws are specifically set up with the DMCA in place so that you can take that route with the hosts, search engines, etc. It's very much a part of your legal "entitlement."

And if you have any further questions regarding pursuing copyright violations, please post them in the legal issues forum where they belong, as this thread's already getting off-topic.

jhmattern, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  12. Blinker

Blinker Peon

Best Answers:
    If you read my post again Jenn, I didn't post anything concerning copyright or its legal issues, as such.

I merely used my right to voice an opinion on the content of your original message and the actions you say you took.

As I said, I do empathise fully if your copyright has been infringed. Having been employed in the legal profession, I am well aware of the costs of Court proceedings. However, if you are sure of your ground, you should be awarded costs.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I try to abide by rules. In this case my 'transgression' was a matter of interpretation of the post. Either way, I felt I was being hectored and bullied by your reply, presumably as a moderator. Or am I not allowed to criticise a moderator?

There are many strange rules on this forum and I am slowly gathering and printing them all, so I can refer to them.

Many Thanks
    JJ :)

Blinker, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  13. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    whats to disagree about? Show me a spinner that can create new unique content without any original text then. I'm waiting...

contentboss, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  14. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    Heh, there is no such thing as unique content with a spinner, it just mixes up articles to create more articles and i dont think it'll work that well :)

Pinpointcomm, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  15. asbestos

asbestos Active Member

Best Answers:
    asbestos, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  16. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm, where exactly did I say spinners are great for creating new unique content? You made a ridiculious comparison and then misread what I said in the first place...am I wrong?

AC-Coach, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  17. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    You said (and I quote) 'For creating quality content however, spinning software is sorely lacking.'

Sorry if I misunderstood what you said! I do have some small knowledge of content spinning ;-)

contentboss, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I didn't take anything in your post as a criticism. I simply didn't want it getting more off-topic, and said that if you had further questions about that particular issue to take them where they belong rather than ending up hijacking the thread. That's all.

jhmattern, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  19. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi . . . after a few days . . . or how ever long its been, I would like to apologize for how I came off. My communication skills have dimenished as my online / web skills have grown immensely. I think where i got a little flustered is we are on two different sides here. You see I have 300,000 PLR articles at which I can do what ever I want with, you, you actually write out the work. And if some one stole my work - I would probably attempt to contact them through the many ways of finding out who the person is. But it just sort of came off a little weird how you got off on having other peoples sites shutdown.

Now I know there is NO EXCUSE however some people think it is perfectly fine to just do a google image search and use the best looking picture for the job. I am not going to say I dont do it. But I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF THEY AT LEAST CONTACTED ME before they went to a DRASTIC measure . . . BECAUSE unlike some of the other people that steal work - that i have contacted at least - dont respond, then yes I would report it but I would personally pay you for the image or what ever is at question I KNOW I KNOW it is different if I just copy and pasted your article to my site and changed the H1 LOL but the same copyright law applied to images so i just used that for an example of how niave some can be at times

locals, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  20. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I usually give them 48 hours to remove my content (even though the copyright holder doesn't have to). They almost never do, and that's when I go after them more aggressively. The only exception is when I see someone stealing an entire site of mine (it's happened a few times - they get a similar domain and rip my design, full content, etc.). Let me give a little background as to why it's so important for writers in particular to protect their work:

With PLR articles, there usually isn't a huge amount invested, so if someone steals them, it may not directly impact you very much. But when you earn your living as a writer, there's a set $ amount on what you produce. For me, that $ amount is somewhat significant. If I simply allowed people to steal my content, and others knew they could do the same and get away with it, it would diminish the overall value of my work and would seriously hamper my ability to continue to find clients who pay my rates (similar to if you charged $100 per article, and all of your clients discovered you publish a lot of articles for $5 or so on AC - your value goes down). I wouldn't keep producing content for people to steal. I'd stop (not something I want to do, since I'm on the verge of earning my full-time income from my own sites and e-books). People often forget that they're stealing more than words - they may be stealing someone's livelihood. And that's something I cannot take lightly.

The same would be true of photographers and designers, since you mentioned images. And keep in mind, as much as you'd like the copyright holder to contact you before taking more drastic measures, I think it's fair to say they would have liked to have been contacted and asked for permission before someone stole there work. It's a two-way street. ;)

jhmattern, Jul 9, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.