1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are sites like : del.icio.us - DIGG etc worth it ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bluegill_catcher, Nov 19, 2005.

I started posting sites to places like del.icio.us and DIGG, and 2 other places.
    I notice most average 4 hits or so, then the articles are rapidly buried amongst thousands of others.

I guess even getting your site(s) listed on each of these websites gives you 1 backlink ?

Is that worth the time for posting ?

I have never seen any rapid traffic increases etc of dramatic effects from posting to any of these places, in fact they appear to do about as much as the old FFA link exchanges.

bluegill_catcher, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  2. Lunatic

Lunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    When your article is good and you make it to the front page of such sites, you can get very much traffic with them.

Lunatic, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  3. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    if you post in digg or shoutwire, then look for some threads here where people help digg/shout your article. A good article is still needed to give you longterm exposure but this little boost helps you get noticed.

And, like Lunatic said, if you make it to the front page, be prepared for a traffic explosion! :)

izahan, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  4. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they're worth it definitely. Just make sure to post something interesting enough to get voted to the front page.

Chopster, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  5. apblake

apblake Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that one thing to consider here is your target market. If you just want a link, then you should go for the link. However, beyond that, make sure that you consider your target market. Are the people who are interested in your product the same ones that read those sites?

I find that it is very easy to forget this basic marketing concept when looking at visitor stats.

apblake, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  6. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, that definitely appears the case with DIGG (as it's a tech site), but del.icio.us is more of a free for all.

However, both sites, the visitors are looking for something where they can say "COOL!"

Chopster, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  7. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Consider shout, theirs a very big shout thread going on right now. Submit an article, shout everyone else's and then ask for yours to be shouted.

mdvaldosta, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  8. Quality Master

Quality Master Guest

Best Answers:
    I get hundreds of hits from my articles.

Quality Master, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  9. Klaas Koopman

Klaas Koopman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how many articles did you submit and hundreds daily or monthly or weekly?

Klaas Koopman, Nov 21, 2005 IP