1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are people making much money from squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by teapoint, May 27, 2008.

1. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    I really would like to have something like squidoo, but for people speaking in spanish.

I can write english in a forum, not the best, but I believe people can understand me. But generating good content in english in out of me league :(

nicogranelli, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  2. HubPages

HubPages Peon

Best Answers:
    HubPages already has authority with Google and other search engines, so even without promoting your hubs, they can do quite well in search results. Obviously, deep links (links directly to your hub URL) can only help, but HubPages collectively has a large number of backlinks coming in already, which provide a sort of halo effect, helping you and your individual hubs rank well from the get-go.

Of course, this depends on your topic, content, and ability to choose good tags and titles.

HubPages, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  3. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Is this thread about Squidoo or Hubpages? :p

Either way, I am starting to see some nice earnings on Squidoo. I am making a series of lenses that I am hoping will bring traffic to my blog. I started these lenses with that goal in mind. But now I am seeing much more earning potential through Squidoo than through the blog itself. :eek: (Yes, it's a small-time lame blog...)

I'm thinking my next Squidoo payout will be somewhere around $40-50, and that is just with 7 lenses. :D

And that is pure Squidoo earnings. Amazon commission has brought in a whole 53 cents. :rolleyes:

buffalo, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    freelancer4hire likes this.
  4. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes this thread is about Squidoo, people are deviating a bit.

How much time did you spend developing your lenses and do you think that if you leave them they'll still earn you a good sum on autopilot?

teapoint, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  5. buffalo

Best Answers:
    It takes me about 30 min to make a lens.

Then once it's out of WIP status, I add it to tons of groups. That takes a while, but I mostly use the same groups, so I whip through them pretty fast. Then I post about it in some forums and add it to my forum sig links. That gets it some traffic and a few stumbles. That usually gets it into the top 2000 in the rankings. After that I don't do much other than adding some new tags and re-publishing once a week or so. I keep an eye on them and if they fall below 2000 I might try to get it a few more hits.

I am sure if I never touched it again, it would fall to the bottom. But it doesn't take much tweaking to keep them going. But, I only have 7 so far. By the time I have 50+ I'm sure it will be much harder to maintain them all.

buffalo, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  6. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds great :D. Is tweaking your lenses really enough to keep them above 2000?

7. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    In my country we a proverb (not sure if proverb is the correct word). People say "Es soplar y hacer botellas", something like "It's like blowing to make bottles".

Nothing in internet is like that. Nothing would make you money if you leave it alone. But it's very important here considering the point of view. Like buffalo say, "I am sure if I never touched it again, it would fall to the bottom". You have to work. But but the time you have 2000 lens, You will be earning enough to pay someone to handle the dirty work

PS: I don't like to referr to a lady as buffalo :(

nicogranelli, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  8. buffalo

Best Answers:
    If they are good enough to begin with, yes. ;) Or at least it seems to be working for me so far... :cool:

You can call me Buffy. ;) Everyone else does... :p

buffalo, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    twistedspikes likes this.
  9. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome. I might get back into squidoo sometime.

10. Salsa_Boy

Salsa_Boy Peon

Best Answers:

What kind and amount of content are you generating in 30 minutes?

Salsa_Boy, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  11. buffalo

Best Answers:
    Check the link in my sig. ;) That was a 30 minute lens.

buffalo, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  12. Salsa_Boy

Salsa_Boy Peon

Best Answers:
    All right, I see. But that is a 15-minute-lens tops.;)

I asked because I'm taking the opposite route; I'll start creating well researched lenses with a good amount of information.

Salsa_Boy, Jun 11, 2008 IP