1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are most high paying adsense ads gone ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bluegill_catcher, Sep 15, 2005.

I have another site about well drilling and crude oil, for the keywords etc they can cost advertisers huge amounts, ie: crude oil drilling rigs, (hundreds of thousands of dollars for one sale or to rent), I got a click on an ad for a well drilling rig, it earned me 2 cents !!!

I truly wonder if there are any high paying keywords or ads left.

The same goes for all of my medical site(s) ads, everything from malpractice lawyers, to hospital insurance, and common ailments and diseases all are paying me under 15 cents a click now days, with most 1 cent to 15 cents.

Software ads are doing the same, it started Sep 1 and the extreme low paying ad clicks are still with me as of today (Sep 15).

I guess one must just make tons of sites to make any good amounts with adsense now days ?

bluegill_catcher, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  2. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with you.....

Glad that I'm not the only one who got $0.01 per click. Perhaps, its just for September because on 2004, September revenue is the lowest that I'd received, and its going to be the same too this month

alang, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but adwords/adsense dynamic does not correlate to real life product costs except in highly competitive categories. It is unlikely there are many people advertising oil rigs and related equipments, so why would they pay more money?

aeiouy, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  4. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TV, Sports, Magazines, and even movies run on advertising. They never seem to have problems with payouts.

So, I would think maybe it is low conversions on the traffic.

It happens to me too, but it is a sign to change the focus of the web page or the website.

PioneerGold, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  5. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    You need to think about competition, and industry. I would suggest in terms of adwords advertising the oil industry is probably WAY behind....therefore no one to bid up keywords. Why no competition? Oil is an "established" industry, which are often characterized as slow moving, not as tech savvy. What are high CPC industries/phrases? SEO services (I'm guessing here, but I'll bet I'm on to something), anitvirus (guessing again), etc...your know better than me...the point is these industries are on it...give oil a few years...

Pen Tongue, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    High paying words are not gone. Just need to build good sites. Good sites yield higher paying words.

lorien1973, Sep 15, 2005 IP