1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Links from Facebook,Twitter,Digg,Slashdot Helpful?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by manikunis, Oct 30, 2015.

Hello Members....

I want to know something very important.

I am sharing my posts on Social networks sites and Bookmarking sites regularly.
    Yesterday,i check my Google Webmaster Account and found Zero Links from these websites.Are these help ful in getting links or in Ranking or We are just wasting our time??
    These are the websites i want to know about...

Facebook
    Twitter
    Google Plus
    folkd.com
    newsmeback.com
    addthismark.com
    softsblog.com
    bibsonomy.org
    fark.com

google.com/bookmarks

delicious.com

And other sites like these.

Thanks

manikunis, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  2. GulfJoinery

GulfJoinery Member

Best Answers:
    i have done something like this and same result hope someone who is experience can share his advice

GulfJoinery, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  3. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If we publish good content on these sites then some people just talk about our content on their blogs giving favor back to us. Thats is where we get natural links.

Benefits (in terms of Organic ranks) of social media activities are --
    (1) Natural Links
    (2) Social signals
    (3) Natual traffic

Mr_Kumar, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  4. manikunis

manikunis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It means No Backlinks from Social websites????

manikunis, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  5. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are some backlinks from social media (such as profile links, page links etc.) but they don't carry much value untill profile or page is quite popular.

Mr_Kumar, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  6. Website Submitter

Website Submitter Member

Best Answers:
    Advisable for newbies and even long time webmasters to listen to Matt Cutts who enlightened us about this million dollar question.
    He said the following (videotaped in Youtube - Google Webmasters):-

Yes, I can confirm this.
    We do use twitter and facebook links and ranking, as we always have, in our websearch rankings.

But in addition, we are also trying to figure out a little bit about the reputation of an author or a creator on Twitter or Facebook... And let me just give you a little bit of background on that. I filmed a video back in May 2010, where I said that we didnt use that as a signal. And at that time, we did not use that as a signal. But now, we are taping this in December 2014, and we are using that as a signal. So, the exhaustive place, if you really want comprehensive information, is to go look up Danny Sullivan's article.... the web search quality team has a lot of different groups.... people including the original blog search team, people who worked on real time search, have been working on using these sorts of things as a signal.

So primarily, it has been used a little bit more in the real time sort of search, where you might see individual tweets, or other links showing up and streaming up on the page.

We're studying how much sense it makes to use it a little more widely within our web search rankings. Now, there's a few things to remember.

Number one is, if we can't crawl a page, if we can't see a page, then we can't really assign page rank to it, and it doesn't really count. So if we're able to obtain the data, then we can use it.

But you know, if, for some reason, a page is forbidden for us to crawl, or we're not able to obtain it somehow, then we wouldn't be able to use that within our rankings. This is something that is used relatively lightly, for now, and we'll see how much we use it over time, depending on how useful it is, and how robust it ends up being.

The one thing I would caution people about, is don't necessarily say to yourself, aha. Now I'm going to go out and get reciprocal follows, and
    I'm going to get a ton of followers, just like people used to get a ton of links.

In the same way that page rank depends on not just the number of links, but the quality of those links, you have to think about, what are the followers who mean quality? You know, who are the people who actually are not just bots, you know, or some software program, or things like that?

So it is a signal that we're starting to use a little bit more. You'll see it most within our sort of real time search, as it's streaming through. But we're looking at it more broadly within web search as well.

(***Matt Cutts is an American software engineer, the former head of the web spam team at Google, and is currently on leave in his role of working with the search quality team on search engine optimization issues. See wikipedia)

Website Submitter, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  7. tacit

tacit Member

Best Answers:
    Yes - a diverse variety of good content shares / backlinks across the myriad of networks & web 2.0s out there is Imperative to your websites overall relevance. Look into auto posters and social media management software to automate your businesses posts & you can really free up some time to work on other things!

tacit, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  8. Richard_1979

Richard_1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, you're really missing the forest from the trees.

Of course Digg and Slashdot are useful. They can send thousands of visitors to your site and many of those visitors will link to you from their sites/social media and create a viral effect.

But really, you're asking about SEO value. Well stop doing that.

Stop worrying about SEO and focus on building traffic. I mean, that's the purpose of traffic SEO right?

Richard_1979, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  9. Samim Noorzai TGC

Samim Noorzai TGC Member

Best Answers:
    The higher is your website is ranked, the higher you'll receive traffic. There is no way/reason for visitors to visit your website until they found your website useful to their cause. Build Backlinks naturally with no spamming.

Samim Noorzai TGC, Nov 14, 2015 IP
  10. 1SEOcom

1SEOcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes social media is very helpful to your site as long as you are ranked and have built natural links in the past without any spam.

1SEOcom, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  11. SocialRanger

SocialRanger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been working in Seo for a long time and I have ranked so many youtube videos to top by the help of social signals.
    But the way you use it is most important. The social signals should contain the same anchor text and keywords which you want to rank for.
    I made some videos few months back regarding green coffee with some affiliate product here is what I did to rank that video to top 10.
    1. Published the video
    2. Used Keyword scrapper to get some top video keywords from competetors
    3. Made a tweet using some keywords and the actual video link
    4. Made a Facebook post with same keywords
    5. Made google+ Post with same keywords
    6. Used Addmefast to boost these social signals
    7. Added my page for retweets, favorites , likes and shares for the same post and tweets I made
    8. Start giving daily 50-100 shares likes and followers for a week
    9. Put my video for likes 20-40 a day
    10. Put some subs 10-15 daily to my channel
    11. I did this for a week and my video was on 7th number
    12. Same I did for high competitive niche make money online and weight loss and even shooted my video to top
    Also on some videos I also added 5-12k HR views by unlisting I dont know if that really worked by after launching I stopped the HR views and just for testing these social signals I only used addmefast to play with top 7 positions. This method worked 100% percent for me anyone having trouble can contact me :)

Regarding Addmefast ( How I get points )

I was first making points manually but for one video it was fine but when you have more videos you need lot of coins so I tried so many bots and Imacro things on internet I found this seller " Farah Khan " on Seoclerks She is Community Admin as well and one of the most reputed seller there. Trust me Her bot was really something amazing I get 100-200 points easily per minute and she has some good bonus things as well I personally recommend her for all those who need Best bots for Addmefast or any social media thing.

Here is the link to Her website for Addmefast Bot > http://addmefast-bot.com/

I hope you will find this post useful. Contact me anytime you want via pm for any questions :)

Regards
    Social Ranger

SocialRanger, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  12. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A naturally built, maintained and promoted website usually has a social media presence, including links. So for sure, they would make the link pattern of the website more natural, making a ban or penalties more unlikely if you're pushing linkbuilding a tad too much. It's part of the rule of diversification of incoming links and it adds to the obvious benefits. In brief, I would not go out of my way in building links there (in the areas where search engine crawlers can go, BTW), but I certainly would make what you feel like a normal, natural, organic use of social networks.

uca, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  13. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked a few...

Facebook, no
    Twitter, no
    Google Plus, somewhat
    bibsonomy.org, yes
    google.com/bookmarks, no
    delicious.com, no

Tedel, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  14. mynetrecipes

mynetrecipes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think none of the site is successful without social media. It is very important for the websites.

mynetrecipes, Nov 29, 2015 IP