1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are king cobra snake smart?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shahab6, May 3, 2015.

Anyone ever deal with them if so how smart are they, can they recognize it's owner? In school they said they are not smart and they only have basic brain which only tells them if it's food or not..eat or run..

shahab6, May 3, 2015 IP
  2. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do not know about keeping them as pets but when I was on tour in Africa I saw a guy who got bit by an Ethiopian cobra and his had was so disfigured it was terrible. I do not care how smart they are I just know I would never ever consider keeping it as a pet no matter what.

Domain Lead Finder, May 11, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Reptiles, in general, have very small brains that are very good at doing what they need to do...and not much else, based upon what I have read on this subject. We humans tend to anthropomorphize animals and assign intelligence to things that animals do by natural instinct that remind us of what we do. For example, people are always posting videos of dogs looking "guilty" after having done something bad when the experts are clear that dogs know nothing of the emotion guilt but simply have evolved to know how to act around humans when we are showing various emotions.

jrbiz, May 11, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com and Content Maestro like this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It probably goes back to the biblical times.

Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made."

So there you go...

qwikad.com, May 12, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    The longest venomous snake in the world is the King Cobra.King cobra are very dangerous snacks.They are very smart snacks.King cobra are snake brain and sensory organs are contained in the head, and snakes have almost all the senses we do, with a several interesting modifications in the hearing, sight and smell.

I could find little research on the intelligence of cobras,and I would have to say that O.H. is probably one of the most intelligent herpes with the possible exception of King Snakes. To watch either of them approach, attack and ultimately devour another snake, no matter what it’s size or defenses give one a great respect for the smarts of these beasts. This definitely says something about their snake brain capabilities.

This cobra seemed to know this well, and planned his strikes so that he would hit the fleshy parts of the ratel, mostly going for the underside and it’s neck and nose.They are fast moving snakes with amazing agility.They are able to smell with it and they also use receptors in their mouth to taste what they smell.This helps the brain to decide if what is around them is something they may want to eat, if it is a threat, or if they should retreat from it.

Rocko Berry, May 14, 2015 IP
  6. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen the way they hount. They are certanly smart in their viscious way. They can be operated at a vet and have their "venemous bladder" removed. They would then probably be pretty much harmless to an adult.

I remind you that they can still bite, so a small kid could have his vision/face endangered. They can also constrict their pray, especially they start using this the moment they lose venom. I know they are smart because they wait for the moment their pray releases breath to constrict that even harder. That's a chokehold with a plan. :)

SocialSignals, Jun 1, 2015 IP