1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

are .INFO domains going to be second fiddle to .COM soon

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by divethetrench, Aug 15, 2009.

1. stampavideo

stampavideo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. In my experience people do care about the info extension (I mean ordinary people, not web developers/site flippers and the like). If you try to sell something on an info, this raises red flags. But an info is great to provide travel guides or buying advice.

stampavideo, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. MasterLinker

MasterLinker Guest

Best Answers:
    I own several .INFO sites and they rank very high for my chosen keywords. I have heard all the rhetoric that the search engines will automatically consider .INFO spam sites, but my experience has been to the contrary. I think the SEs realize all of the good .COM names are taken and reputable webmasters are going after catchy domain names, regardless of the TLD.

Good luck!

MasterLinker, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  3. DesignSamples

DesignSamples Banned

Best Answers:
    Much agreed and as a developer I try to steer clients in the proper TLD realm but of course capturing as many, if not all available tld's.

.INFO is great for exactly that = INFORMATION sites... etc...

Spammers have gone after it because it's a cheap TLD... but the quality .info sites will keep it going...

We'll see on this one... Interesting thread though...

DesignSamples, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  4. root@localhost

root@localhost Peon

Best Answers:
    if the renewal price remains low like first year price (less than $2 at some registrars), it may be....

root@localhost, Aug 20, 2009 IP