1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Indian Programmers Good for hiring?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by romioaa, Nov 18, 2012.

1. sanket

sanket Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Every country has good and bad people. Many Indians are working in best IT company like microsoft, Google and many more.. you can see at http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_Indian_citizens_work_in_Microsoft_company_in_usa

Dont worry just check background of developer..

sanket, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  2. Raghu Kanchiraju

Raghu Kanchiraju Member

Best Answers:
    Hey! Indian programmers can be very good, knowledgeable, committed and punctual. On the other hand, by virtue of some misfortune you might run into someone who is poorly trained or skilled and has eyes set on just making a quick buck!
    How can you tell? How do you tell apart the good from the bad (and possibly ugly)? By remembering these few points:
    1. Get to know their skills and background by asking as many questions as possible. Like what programming languages they know, what kind of projects they handled etc.
    2. Ask them how they plan to handle your projects. Get a detailed project plan! This is vital as it gives you a roadmap as well as tool to track progress. You can tie payments to completion of tasks in the plan.
    3. If possible, try out with something small, like maybe a simple bug fix or an easy article, instead of just jump starting into huge commitments.
    So friends, as many have pointed out earlier, race has nothing to do with competency. The key to good relationship is communication.

Raghu Kanchiraju, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    nihangshah likes this.
  3. AK223

AK223 Peon

Best Answers:
    They are until Cricket comes on. Then it's a productivity black hole. As an Indian I can verify this.

AK223, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  4. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Earlier then hire PHP programmer in India, it is very significant to build a pertinent choice. Hiring PHP Web developers is an improvement. Creating and developing a site is an intimidating task, as there are loads of codes, elements and complex features that have to be used accurately. In addition to these, the progression is time consuming and hence opting for a developer is the precise approach to development website as business requirement. You should make convinced that you hire the one who is glowing qualified and well-informed about the PHP web scripting language, great understanding about project requirement, communication skill and have solid experience to test work before say completed.. If not then you arise to mislay out on expensive time and wealth. So before hiring the PHP developers from outsourcing web development company verify his preceding projects and familiarity and go through the references which will grant you a first-rate suggestion about his working wherewithal.

May this help you help you to find professionals very easy.

creativewebmaster, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  5. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you guys,It all depend on the person you hire to do the job for you not the country where he/she comes from.
    I know of some good Indian programmers who does incredible jobs.
    Do a thorough interview and research before hiring.

BRITTANEY86, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  6. prince786

prince786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You always get what you pay for. Low price = cheap quality work. high price = awesome result. And this rule applies to every country, every race :)

prince786, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  7. Seogoogle1

Seogoogle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hope you got good programmer from India but doesn't means All Indian developers are good but i want to say World is Full with Good or bad developers some developers have experience they work and charge more & some developers haven't experience they complete developing study and start thy work them charge low prices because they want to grow them knowledge & also making them Portfolio ok..

Me already worked with Indian Developers and SEO Guy but my experience not good why?

Seogoogle1, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  8. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well i don't think you can generalize like that. Separating them as Indian is wrong. And i think that the majority are bad. They say they know stuff but actually they don't. Another thing that you should take a look at is the price. If someone is willing to work for price lower than a programmer price than you should know those are bad news. Also ask them questions in different subjects if you see that he is know it all get rid of that guy fast. :) Hope this helps.

bojan92, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As someone already mentioned, the language barrier is the biggest issue; or should I say ranguage rarrier. Whilst I can forgive spelling mistakes, Yoda when sounds like one you do problems I have do begin.

HELL, the wording and capitalization of this thread title made me cringe.

BUT, I am EXTREMELY leery of dealing with anyone from certain nations, and sadly India is on that list. In my experience much like Russia, China and Pakistan the ratio of fly-by-night scam artists to legitimate developers is far, FAR higher than the "first industrialized" nations. While I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate folks trying to do their best in these places, you are so overrun with outright criminals it means that as a developer of English language sites, I would NEVER even LOOK that direction for assistance.

There's a reason most of the data centers in those countries are right alongside Nigeria and other third world cesspits of humanity on my IPTables drop list in my server configs.

It would take a LOT of personal interaction with someone and proof of their skills before I'd ever even THINK about working with a developer from Asia, Africa or South America... We would be starting out from not just zero trust, but a negative level of trust that would be extremely difficult to overcome.

Though to be fair, I have the same reaction when people talk about working with bootstrap or jQuery, so YMMV

deathshadow, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ethnicity, Nationality, Sexuality, Etc-ity doesn't define someones skill set, character or capability...

NetStar, Nov 9, 2015 IP