1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are GPT sites worth starting?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Proximity, Jan 22, 2009.

Are GPT sites worth starting?

So i have been thinking is it worth it to start a GTP site?

How profitable is it? Are there are high profits in it? Can we expect a good amount every month?

What are the investment and what is the return like?

I would prefer if a person who currently owns a GTP sites let me know.

Thanks alot

Proximity, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  2. LuckySamurai

LuckySamurai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't fool yourself into thinking that starting and maintaining a GPT site is something extremely easy. It's not. It may sound like fun but after a while it can get pretty messy.

For one you have to make sure your website is clean. By clean I mean cheater-free. You'd have to set up anti cheating scripts and look for anything suspicious. Basically you always have to keep an eye on your members.

GPT sites are by far the biggest source of fraud and that's why most networks are closing their doors to new GPT websites. Also the amount of incentive offers (these are the offers that you're allowed to run on your GPT site) has decreased lately.

Promoting is perhaps easier than with any other business especially if you have a referral system in place. Your members would do most of the work for you by getting new referrals.

LuckySamurai, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  3. patx

patx Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not as easy as you might think, but it's still profitable, I own one myself and theres alot
    of fraud you have to look out for, but I make pretty good money every month.

patx, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  4. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It takes a LOT of time and effort. You can make decent money but you've got to really stay on top of things and search out good incentive offers. Plus you have to strongly promote your site by doing things like running contests and offering good prizes to get the traffic.

I know of two site owners on DP, BankRollBucks and DiscoDollars, who I am sure would be happy to offer you some up front advice.

dfourss, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  5. BankRollBucks

BankRollBucks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've received PM's from this OP and spoke to them about GPT...now I see they are banned so not sure what happened?

Still here though if you need anything!

BankRollBucks, Jan 24, 2009 IP