1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Free Hosts Worth ?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by BooTCaT, Dec 28, 2005.

Hi Friends ,

Iam having my sites hosted , on Free hosting Services . So is it worth it ?.

Does google treat your site , the same way ?

Actually , i have my sites hosted on 50webs.com , its a free web hosting site .
    So , is that to do anything with the way google refers my site ?
    Will google , keep my site "a little down" , because i host it on free servers or that doesnt matter ??

BooTCaT, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  2. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a lot to compare with, but I don't believe they treat even subdomains (free hosted) any different in regards to serps.

What matters is, when you want to rely on customers who might be "scared" away from a weird looking or extraordinary long domain name.

This however is not a great concern in my oppinion as long as you rely mostly on adsense (or the like).

miko67, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  3. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    i've used > www.doteasy.com for years for some of my smaller sites.

solid rankings do NOT appear to be a problem.

i think the trick is: build a nice/useful site AND if you're going to use a FREE host - use a RELIABLE one, one with a track record and good support.

just my 2C :)

DomainLoot, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  4. bentong

bentong Banned

Best Answers:
    free hosting doesn't matter regarding your search engine rankings..much better if you can find a free reliable domain hosting..

Here is a good place on finding a reliable free hosting..
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

bentong, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  5. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I use doteasy too, i also recommend netfirms as one of the free hosting providers..while there are many just choose the stable ones.

psyberweb, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  6. WebWriter

WebWriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe in using free hosting (for the most part) unless it's for something personal. That's just my opinion from a business perspective.

WebWriter, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  7. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I decided to "go-web" a couple of years ago, I also decided that it may never cost me more than the time I invest in it, this is to say I never will accept a cost that is bigger than the income I have at any given point in time.

This also means that now after my first Adsense cheque, I have a little room for costs. This first income is being spent on domain acquisition. I have bought 16 new domains so far (total cost including the first year annual cost = $0.00 but they are going to cost me some in the long run).

But for now I've tried out four or five free places, and ended up with one that really seems to deliver in allmost all aspects. Especially the down time is ok (practically non existent).

I have domains on a free dns server that works very reliable with urlforwarding, and a webhotel where free subdomains can have domans pointing to them without showing that it's just a subdomain.

Now all I need is content content and more content. And I need to find out if Compars webshop-afilliate can work on this setup and so on and so forth.

Free services on the internet can work for you. Content is king.

miko67, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  8. bentong

bentong Banned

Best Answers:
    free hosting are only useful for personal sites..

bentong, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  9. BooTCaT

BooTCaT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So , u people say , that content matters more on earth , than anything ??
    ( and some people , say me that its good to buy a domain ..)

Ok Guyz , im taking them both..

BooTCaT, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can withstand an ad banner on your website , you can go with free hosting else get a small hosting pack at least .Allows you FTP and CGI access .Free hosting is OK for personal sites but if you want to have a presentable business website , then you must consider paying for one .
    But then that's just my way of looking at it .You may think differently.
    Regards
    jeet

JEET, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  11. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a small misunderstanding here.. I would never accept these terms on a free website host.

My host provides 40Mb space for free - no strings attached. No ads (but for my own adsense hehe)

I can do anything that I can on most paid hosts, ftp/cgi/php et cetera.

It is true though, that there are a bunch of "free" webhosts out there that either aren't that free or they have so many limitations it ain't worth it.

It takes a lot of looking around to get what you need, but can be done.

miko67, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  12. monRa

monRa Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion they worth!

monRa, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  13. NAZAM.COM

NAZAM.COM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    99% of the free webhosts I've tried to use since 1997 have started charging or have added so many ads to their sites you can hardly see the content. Free hosts won't generally jeapordise your listing in search engines, but aren't worth it for various other reasons. It's best to get a paid host: there are some out there which will provide quality hosting for less than the price of one McDonalds meal a month.

NAZAM.COM, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  14. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I offer free hosting, which I believe is pretty good. However there is no way I can offer the same support services that are available from paid hosting services so even though I believe in my hosting services I would alway recommend paid hosting for a site that you depend on.

dct, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If your serious about building a site, go with paid web hosting, shared servers are very cheap these days.

dcristo, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  16. BooTCaT

BooTCaT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so , you say me to buy hosts ... Maybe they are cheap in u r city, but undermine they are costly ... But i know that "Content is King" , so what do you think ??

BooTCaT, Jan 2, 2006 IP