1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Forums dead to do business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by busterbox, Apr 25, 2012.

I have seen alot of forums Where they have no traffic But again I see more of forum thats getting alot of traffic and active

But i searched and on Internet it says Alot of forums are dead to do business ?

I am about to open an forum which i am spending about 1000$ just a Vb forum and SEO and link buliding included ?

What do you guys think about having another Forum and if yes then forum of what ?

busterbox, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  2. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its hard to get a forum going. But once its going, it can be successful. The problem is a lot of main topics are already taken, so its like why would a person post a topic on a new forum where there's many other active forums. on top of that you have to keep spammers away. Just doing that is a full-time job. In order for you to have your fourm successful. you need to post some very interesting topics, or have some interesting or very helpful response. when people start getting helpful response. They will come back and post more.

shahab6, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  3. jixels

jixels Peon

Best Answers:
    The catch-22 with forums is that people don't want to join an empty forum, but the forum remains empty unless people join. You might have to initially create posts yourself under different usernames/pay microworkers/participate in forum post-exchanges to make your forum look busy. You'll also need to give some kind of benefit to the early members for joining (e.g. run a competition where the top posters win a prize, etc) to kick-start it.

jixels, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  4. freelance deziner

freelance deziner Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with forums is that people say "why should I join?" because either they have already joined some other forums or they simply not that type of people who talk on forums but they prefer hanging out on social networking sites like Facebook or Google+.

But if you're spending good money on SEO and link building and your forum is about a good niche than you can succeed I think.

However I suggest to go with "Blog" where you can share your expertise and gain much more traffic + feedback more faster than forum.

freelance deziner, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  5. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the ideas and Yes i am spending more money for seo and link buliding

busterbox, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  6. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can say forum are dead or alive and you can still be right.

Borrow example from Search engines, there are thousands of search engines but only three are well known and Google earn 80% of the traffic.

Setting up a forum at this time is not going to be a small task, sure you can get it up but it will take a lot of time and the earning might be nothing to write home about except you are extremely luck.

For a starting point, i only recommend forums for people who have a mega site. A forum can then be created on a sub domain and nurtured otherwise use the money to create an amazon, adsense, clickbank or something else and start making good money within 5months.

Kanonig, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  7. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    yes lets see i am still thinking about the idea but i think JOb discussion forum would do well as now days ?

8. Econox

Econox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think they are necessarily dead, but just harder to pull off nowadays. But as was mentioned, so many topics have popular forums for them so it's a big competition now.

Econox, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  9. ItsLee

ItsLee Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it hard to find a good forum. Some seem to dye after about a year. Some are good but poor themes etc.. It takes a lot to start a forum. I wouldn't stick $1000 in to start a forum tho. You could get some good advertising for less then that.

ItsLee, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  10. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    well i did the total including VB forum lic and theme price and mods and SEO and all the other forum etc...

Wanna know is How much Can forum make up to? i am aim for 15,00$ a month for starting.

11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    good forums making money.
    when you are new, you gotta compete with the old ones as well as the good ones.
    if you are committed for few years go for it.

webcosmo, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  12. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i am commited

13. TopDoms

TopDoms Peon

Best Answers:
    forums are definitely a thing of the past to se's

TopDoms, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  14. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    but i really hope it works.

busterbox, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  15. aamigallery

aamigallery Guest

Best Answers:
    Forums still holds value for 3rd-4th and 5th Tier Backlinks according to your plans.

aamigallery, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  16. CEO Space

CEO Space Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums are indeed a lot of work. I would think there would be many easier ways to make a living.

However, if you have your heart set on creating another forum, I would definitely go with something that attracts a "spending demographic" and I don't think a "job" forum would do that.

As a matter of fact, on another IM forum, I read a man who had the same thought about creating a Job search site and Job search forum and even with a lot of subscribers, he still isn't making as much a month as just one of my one page list building sites.

In doing keyword research, I am often very surprised by some micro niche terms that are getting a lot of searches. Go for something like that and build a forum around it if it is also in what I call a "spending money demographic".

CEO Space, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  17. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you explain what you u really mean by going for sumthing like what?

busterbox, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Forums can be hit and miss. If it works out you have a real winner because you have developed a niche community that you can engage with. Getting them off the ground can be really difficult though. Personally I would never start a forum on a new domain, I'd only add it to an existing site with traffic. The only exception to this rule was if the niche was unique and not already populated with forum sites.

dcristo, Apr 29, 2012 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  19. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess having a forum, is only good if you have enough money and know how to advertise it. SEO is not the only advertising required. There are many forums alive and are good, take the name of digitalpoint, wickedfire, warriorforum......etc.

dudeseo, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  20. busterbox

busterbox Peon

Best Answers:
    i am willing to spend 1000$ to make it number 1 forum and i know seo is ont the only thing would make my forum go up

i willbe placing ad everywhere

busterbox, Apr 29, 2012 IP