1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are FAQs on websites still being read nowadays?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Yon, Jan 7, 2011.

?

Are FAqs still a good option to inform website visitors?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, there are better alternatives

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
    Are FAQs still a good option to satisfy website visitors or is this a section that nobody cares about anymore these days?

Yon, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still read them, particularly on business websites. Done right, they make a great sales piece.

YMC, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  3. allthegoodnamesweretaken

allthegoodnamesweretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm with YMC

4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know...throughout time, I must have asked at least 100 people (friends, family members, my past clients, folks I run into on the Net and we chat now and then...), and of that many, less than half said that they did.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that over half of your visitors do not read the F&Q (Q&A) section, anyway.

I read a Q&A (F&Q) section, but I read only a couple of questions asked.

I think that a site should have it because it can rake in more sales (that is, if you are selling a product or service).

Overtime, those few sales here and there that result from having such a section adds up!

If it can get you, say, one or two sales a week, add that up in a year's time...well, the shit adds up.

If you think your Q&A section will help persuade your visitors, I would suggest breaking it up and putting them amongst your other content. A couple in the middle of your page, a couple of more a little bit further down, and then a couple of more on the bottom of your page, with, of course, the question on money-back guarantee in the guarantee section.

Consider putting the questions in each section of your page that the questions relate to.

That way more of your visitors will read them, thus increasing your odds.

I don't know why webmasters don't do this anyway.

I guess it's that in-box thinking, that we are all guilty of.

Perry Rose, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  5. Yon

Yon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, Perry Rose. I also find it important to put them in the sections where they belong, instead of putting them all on one page.
    Thanks for your input.

Yon, Jan 9, 2011 IP