1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are ezinearticles backlinks of any value if they're in off-topic areas?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by roskopfj, Dec 24, 2010.

I have some very high quality articles that I've written on health and fitness... If I get them published on ezinearticles under Health and Fitness with a link to my computer repair business website in the resource box at the bottom will that have any positive or negative effect on my website?

What I was thinking of doing is putting in the resource box my name and physical fitness qualifications and at the end of it saying "and is the owner of..." and the business name and a link to it.

roskopfj, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  2. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A link from a relevant article would be better it would carry more "weight", but it still counts as a link. But a relevant article would also have a chance of getting syndicated and would generate more traffic.

bob25, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  3. roskopfj

roskopfj Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. So do you think it's worthwhile to post some off-topic articles in addition to the relevant ones?

roskopfj, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  4. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have to I'd hand submit relevant articles to ezinearticles, goarticles and articlesbase for traffic and syndication. And ireallavent (or relavent) articles to the rest if you need to get your backlinks distributed. I have a really small niche that would only be submitted to about a dozen sites if I used a relavant article, but if I use a popular category like fitness, weightloss, etc. it gets several hundred submissions.

bob25, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  5. springer

springer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have got really annoyed at Ezinearticles recently I have had problems with links in the resources box, they keep saying I need to add a new author for that link but it is one of my sites.... So it takes ages for them to check it then turn it down because of a link and thenI have to tweak and then resubmit and wait ages again. To be honest I think there are better sites to submit articles to. I also think you would be better creatin a blog for these post and work on getting links to the blogs, I think it will give you more control on the content and allow you to build links that will benefit you in the long run. Depends on what you are really trying to do, I mainly use Ezines if I want to get an article listed high for a particular keyword phrase that would look out of place on my site rather than a way to get an extra link.

springer, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  6. HepCom

HepCom Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone noticed that the original source of the article - say in this case ezinearticles - do not seem to be generating the Google links they used to

HepCom, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  7. kkrishna

kkrishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Friend,

We have to add resource box related to topic, it will be better for our article content, because the reason is behind that if any body read our content then if he is interested then he/ she will try to reach our website so it will be best way to promote our website through the article content.

kkrishna, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  8. mrsing

mrsing Peon

Best Answers:
    I still find that EA articles are indexed and appear in google very fast. I also sometimes use articles with different topics than links at author box, and I find that iw works just fine. They bring little less relevant traffic, but the link juice isn't any worse.

mrsing, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  9. Vicken

Vicken Peon

Best Answers:
    Links are important, if they are from relevant site they helps more in improving SERP.

Vicken, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  10. uzz

uzz Peon

Best Answers:
    As much as similar to the keywords, the better.

You'd still get the backlinks if from an off-topic area, but the other way you'd get bring your keywords up on the search engine.

uzz, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  11. HelpfulHannah

HelpfulHannah Peon

Best Answers:
    A link is a link and links will always be helpful (unless its garbage spam).

Post it.

Hope that helps,

HelpfulHannah, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  12. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I've been saying that for weeks now in numerous posts. They don't have any PR as well. Would seem to suggest that backlinking TO YOUR ARTICLES is senseless now.

bob25, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  13. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    will give you good value, ezine is just a neutral site

DoDo Me, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  14. HepCom

HepCom Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the true to point answer
    I don't think it means to stop writing articles yet
    It just means to watch the trending