1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are DP content buyers honest?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by harvester, Apr 6, 2009.

1. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First at all, dont promise if you not able to complete the job. The buyer have right not to pay if you not able to provide the amount of content you promise. Of course, if they are not paying you after you complete what you promise, then you are right that those buyer is not honest.

lifeplayer, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  2. Lancerot

Lancerot Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, haven't been at DP that long, but.. my "byz" partner has, and he's always had it smoothly.. maybe a couple of j***s out there, who do not respect the buyer/provider code. But mostly good people.

Anyway, freelancing is a job, you know, and there's truth to say that, even if things don't go as nice as planned, freelancers should get paid for every article delivered -once delivered. Of course, it has to meet the publisher's demmands, but if it does, then you should get paid for it.

By the way, it would be a good thing for freelancers who've had bad experiences to actually point a finger.. names, people.

Lancerot, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    They may absolutely not name names. Negative reviews are only permitted in iTrader or the actual deal thread the writer took part in here - no new threads to bash people with one-sided information about a business deal that simply didn't go to their liking.

jhmattern, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  4. Morphineadaicted

Morphineadaicted Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i want to know whether whom will get the name of the author is it the article writer or is it you?

Morphineadaicted, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  5. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    In most cases, you'll be ghostwriting which means the buyer can name themselves as the author. You can not use the content or article as a sample of your work without the client's permission and you'll need to keep the assignment confidential--because that is what the client is paying you for.

Y.L. Prinzel, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  6. bluefox21

bluefox21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, from my personal experience, I've sold only 1 article here.
    About honesty, I can't say too much, it was an article already written. I had to send one article for review and I had to lower the price of the other one. There is a lot of competition here, and everyone is writing "cheap" articles and I don't like to lower my rates to that level, I think it doesn't worth it.
    What I can suggest is that you should trust on the iTrader feedback and look for people with good ratings at the work itself (If you're selling content, see the buying ratings and not the selling ratings from the buyer).
    About providing by request, I don't like the idea, I don't do it here because people demands a lot for little money.
    In general, i don't buy/sell here unless I really need to, but there is a lot of people trustworthy here. If you're willing to use DP as your place to sell, look for the good buyers and provide quality content, that way they will want to work with you again (and having good relationships means that you can avoid the bad ones).

bluefox21, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  7. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not good to deal with.

they want you to do something and when you price it, they'll say its the wrong thing to start with because i ask for payment. wth?
    and sometimes, they want something instantly done without ever telling you how much you'll be earning by doing the job. wth?

enhu, Apr 29, 2009 IP