1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Directories Still Good For Seo ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mimozo, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi

after the tragic updates of the SEO sector especially by Google , I wonder if directories are still good for getting better result on search .
    Alot of directories have falling down in the last years , and less people are submitting their links to directories .

what do you see ?

mimozo, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What exactly was so tragic? And if it was the "SEO sector" that was hit, what does that have to do with directories? There has been mass panic and so much knee jerk reaction that the changes which SEO's are making are causing the most harm; the updates are secondary.

Mia, Feb 6, 2013 IP
    pradip200 likes this.
  3. Zafar Sheikh

Zafar Sheikh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just want to know that the Is directories still effective in SEO?
    Google is now changed the SEO trend.

Zafar Sheikh, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  4. Popularity Rank

Popularity Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    However Google is already changed the SEO strategy, but according to me directories still make a good effect in SEO. But you should have to use unique description for each submission as it will make an attractive view to the viewer and obviously get relax from copyscape too.

Popularity Rank, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  5. crunchcorn

crunchcorn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have try to upload a site in 5 directories 3 not accepted or taking too much time to accept and remain two accepted but not too much difference i found.

crunchcorn, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  6. Amilyparker

Amilyparker Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if directories are still good to google, I often submit my new sites to the directories. But the not as many as before, just 100.

Amilyparker, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  7. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Every link is good for SEO, if they are part of a bigger balanced plan, so yes directory submissions are good, even these days.

But alone , without great content and other popularity sources, you will get no results.

EvcRo, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  8. Ellys Kho

Ellys Kho Guest

Best Answers:
    About Tragic Update?? what kind Update make that tragedy ?

the falling 1 is directory trying to manipulated PR or they try to sell link in purpose passing PR. after update at 17 th Jan 2013 & 4th Feb 2013. i can see. google still give a good Signal for Web & Articles Directory with giving High PR for some Directory.

So many Directory get Higher PR than before after update. in other hand many directory getting losing their Rank the worst they got Slap by Google.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    Ellys Kho, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  9. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directories are still relevant, You only need to post in quality directories which maintain their category and accept only unique description. Spammers and some cheap SEO masters are manipulating the whole thing and only they are being penalized by google. You need to find quality directories and submit properly. Go for quality not quantity and of-course quality directory do charge for submission :)

pradip200, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  10. masterB

masterB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since 2 years ago directories are not so relevant.
    I used directories in the past and was fine. Anyway, I decide to left before the "tragic updates".Prefer articles, incontent links on related sites or blogs...just other ways.

masterB, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  11. zimseo

zimseo Member

Best Answers:
    Best options if you need your ranking top in Google you need submission your websites directories

zimseo, Feb 24, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.