1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are blog comments still worth doing for seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by RDarby, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    High five

Foxxy, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  2. smithrick

smithrick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually blog commenting is good for website but I am not consider that its a link building strategy. Because the the result getting form blog commenting is less than our efforts. Thats why I am concentrate on other methods like Blogging, Forum posting, etc. to build high quality backlinks.

smithrick, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  3. Liam Hindson

Liam Hindson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I get the feeling that Google won't mind as long as it's done in a non-spammy way i.e. commenting on a relevant blog post in your area. Always get worried about being on the right side of Google, never know what the next algorithm they'll bring out will target!

Liam Hindson, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  4. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    Yes blog commenting is still worth for seo but you can do comment on high pr website with relevant content.

Pooja Gupta, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  5. ethinoze

ethinoze Member

Best Answers:
    I use scrapebox comments for just tier 3 .When i do that, easily i get the tier 3 blog comments pushing link juice back to my tier 2's and the tier 2's pass it to my tierones, and then they pass the link juice to the tier one's.Although my tier ones are usually manually made contents.This is the best way to use the blog comments.

ethinoze, Apr 26, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes they could be useful... They are the best and easiest way to get a few good nofollow backlinks. BUT be sure NEVER to SPAM and always write the comment manually, make it being interesting, useful, informative, etc. Write in related blogs... and write in a good manner (just as the blog that you comment to is yours!) ;)

patco, Apr 26, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 and Foxxy like this.
  7. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Blog comments good for your website. But remember comment on relevant blog otherwise Google will hit your website.

Henry Calvin, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  8. tulipweb

tulipweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should say a big "NO" to keyword hyperlinks while blog commenting as it is referred as spam nowadays and Google will keep an eye on comments like this: "thanks for useful information", your comment should be relevant and contributing and it should look like a genuine comment as visitors of blog will look upto comments and if they find something useful in your comment then you will automatically get visits from them.
    You can use different versions of URL or company name for blog comments as it is one of the best method to get rid of danger from Google penalty and also helps you reach your visitors.

tulipweb, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  9. Khivrin

Khivrin Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Better than comments, you can use the author bio section of the guest writers of the blog. This way, you can get links from website with good PR and DA and it won't look spammy. The only thing - choose relevant authors.

Khivrin, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  10. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still Blog comments are good For SEO but Matt Cutts said on Blog Comments, Links & Spam: Use Your Name, Not Keywords, and Must use Relevent Websites. Check Out this Video :
    Are all comments with links spam?

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  11. debajyotibanerji

debajyotibanerji Member

Best Answers:
    Manual blog commenting on related & popular blog in your vertical would help. Your comment must add value. Don't spam or do bulk commenting with help of any automated software. You can use your real name with link back to your website or Google+ author profile.

debajyotibanerji, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  12. mumbaiflorist

mumbaiflorist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes blog commenting is valid for seo but you have to make on high pr sites and that should be relevant. but main problem is that blog comment goes in to moderation. so it takes sometime to approve.

mumbaiflorist, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  13. monim1

monim1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think still blog comments are really useful. A lot of people are doing this. I think dofollow blog comments are much more useful than nofollow.

monim1, Apr 30, 2014 IP