1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are "Banner Exchange" programs worth it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Geezertd, May 19, 2010.

For the purpose of attracting traffic to a new site that is still doing the Google fight up the search engines, do people find that participating in some sort of Banner Exchange program is worth it? :confused: Has anyone participated in any of these before and do they actually tend to attract "real, relevant" traffic?

I mean I know every little bit of advertising helps, especially for brand new websites, but I'm interested to hear any success stories related to having your banner listed on someone else's site.

Thanks! :cool:

Geezertd, May 19, 2010 IP
  2. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I remember joining these years ago. My advice - FORGET IT - You MIGHT get a little trickle of traffic - and I stress MIGHT. Not worth giving up that ad space

Activeweb, May 20, 2010 IP
  3. JonPKibble

JonPKibble Member

Best Answers:
    Banner exchanges are OK. They are free, and can increase your traffic if used properly. However, banner ads aren't clicked on as much as text links. If you can find a program that is text-based you will probably have better results.

JonPKibble, May 20, 2010 IP
  4. junosama

junosama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would focus more on seo and ppc and blogging. Banners are good if you want to promote a brand for example if you started a new company that sells themes you may want to do a banner campaign for a few months to get your name out their to the web design and blogging community.

junosama, May 20, 2010 IP
  5. sport302

sport302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Click-thru rates on banner exchanges are horrible. However, for branding if you create a banner with your actual website name and logo it may be worth the time.

sport302, May 20, 2010 IP
  6. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think banner excange is worth it because you can save your money and at the same time promote your website on plenty of other sites. i don't see any disadvantages in such approach.

Warner, May 21, 2010 IP
  7. besbesmany

besbesmany Peon

Best Answers:
    banner exchanger are free so you can use them specialy text banners , i think they are better

besbesmany, May 21, 2010 IP
  8. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Banners are useless nowadays, net-people brains get used to skip banners from their attention by default. So, you will get very low CTR by any, even advanced, banner.

GeorgeKuipers, May 21, 2010 IP
  9. bigcashtactics

bigcashtactics Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Banner exchange networks differ from simple link swaps in terms of potential visitors reached. Members of large banner exchanges have the potential for their ads to be shown on thousands of other sites. Also, unlike simple link swaps, which are often hard-coded directly to a page, banner exchange networks allow rotation of ads among many different sites, sometimes with the benefit of sophisticated targeting.

bigcashtactics, May 21, 2010 IP