1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are backlinks must to get top ranking in google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by linksads, Jul 23, 2013.

Hello guys,

We collect backlinks for our websites through posting blog in other sites, article submission, link exchange with relevant sites, SMO, blog comments posting etc but creating backlinks is must to get top ten rankings in google?

Thanks.

linksads, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, i don't think so. Backlinks are must have but not too many, because too many links may cause problems.
    by the way, back links works in some cases. But if Google detects it, then you will be slapped. So don't get only backlinks..
    To get Top on Google, there are many factors you should consider such as, Your Website speed, website must have quality content, Niche of your website, social media rankings of your site and a lot more !

prince@life, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. chapziiid

chapziiid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Links are imperative to get good rankings in Google, its the way that you achieve getting them that is the real issue here.

A good 'authority' or 'brand' in any niche will gain links, shares, mentions etc across the web for the work they do. Your goal should be focused on creating an authority and a brand, not creating links to 'pretend' to be just that.

chapziiid, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Links are still important. It's just that google's algo is better at ignoring lower quality links.

dcristo, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. Scott Hughes

Scott Hughes Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with chapziid here, links are imperative, but you have to make sure you focus on links coming from sites that have a page rank of at least 2 or higher, and make sure your keywords vary. Your main keyword should only be used 2 - 3 percent of the time, 10 - 15 percent should be related terms, then throw in some generic terms like "click here" and "read more here", this way Google sees it as being more natural, and you will also start to rank for those other related terms as well.

Also don't link everything to one page. Link to other related pages on your site, then link those back to the main page you are trying to rank for. This will help in building authority. Once your site is an authority it is almost impossible to get it banned in Google.

Scott Hughes, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  6. Levy0707

Levy0707 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like it how you say "we collect links" :)
    At any rate, links are still one of the most trusted signals search engines use to estimate how useful your site is.
    So, yes, I would say backlinks are a must in most cases, but you should be careful about the kind of backlinks you're "collecting".
    Sorry, I just really liked that word.

Levy0707, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  7. wtfisthatuk

wtfisthatuk Peon

Best Answers:
    My problem is creating good quality backlinks, mainly because it should be relevant content, this means that most of the relevant content I would have to post links on are going to be competitor sites. Basically I have a funny picture website, but I want to do it better than the likes of daily ha ha, cheezeburger etc, but I cannot really be posting on those site about my site, any suggestions on what might count as a quality backlink for Picture/Videos websites?

wtfisthatuk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  8. Ricky28

Ricky28 Member

Best Answers:
    Build quality link from high page rank websites.

Ricky28, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  9. linksads

linksads Banned

Best Answers:
    As you guys suggested me backlinks determine the usefulness of sites, but another factor is concerned with backlinks and that is PR, as backlinks determine the PR means google consider the usefulness of the site according to PR but we have all seen there lots of site have top 10 ranking in google with low PR.

Whats your opinions on this?

10. wtfisthatuk

wtfisthatuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Like you say the usefulness of the backlinks are the main concern for me, for it to be useful surely I have to post links on my competitors sites, but we all know this is not going to happen. Are there other options?

wtfisthatuk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  11. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    backlinks can't be used anymore for ranking, because you can't focus on a single keyword or you risk to be penalized. but backlicking using different anchor texts is ok. This way you can't rank anymore because you are obliged to change keyword anytime.
    so, why backlinking? it's a good way to advertise your website! if you have a good link in a related website, you could have 2 or 3 new visitors thanks to it. And those could become fans or customers.

12. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links are something that Search Engines can never ignore. With every search engine trying to be more 'Human'... they need feedback from humans to know what is right and what is not. Links are kind of a HUMAN VOTE for search engines.
    But always remember that back links will matter only when they cover the following points:-
    - they are niche related
    - they are coming from authority sites
    - and they are natural links (not manipulated by you)
    Apart from backlinks there are over 200 other considerations made by Google in order to rank your site so do consider them as well.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    C.Rebecca, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  13. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks is one of the important factor to be taken into consideration to get top rankings in google. Build high quality relevant backlinks to your website so that you can improve the traffic. With Backlinks you can get more traffic to your site. The unnatural links to your site will get negative impact on google rankings.

rashida, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  14. linksads

linksads Banned

Best Answers:
    What are the other 200 consideration of google to determine the site ranking in top 10.

15. linksads

linksads Banned

Best Answers:
    You guys saying backlinks is important factor to get top ranking in google but did you read google guidelines? https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356
    It prevents us to find backlinks from the method we use like:

comments posting with text link
    blog posting with text link
    link exchange with anchor text
    Text link at footer
    article posting with text link

Google is objecting these methods but we go to these way to find backlinks if so then what method is remaining to find backlinks?

Any body knows?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    linksads, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  16. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You have to question your business model if you cannot product original content for your site.

dcristo, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  17. maisamjohnm

maisamjohnm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quantity does not matter but quality matters

maisamjohnm, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  18. sarah12

sarah12 Member

Best Answers:
    Check out this link : http://www.linksmanagement.com/how_to_get_ranked_top_10_on_google/

sarah12, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  19. citiesneeds

citiesneeds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi
    back links is most important because more powerful back links are generate website traffic and increase sites rank in Google.

citiesneeds, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  20. Knacky

Knacky Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the competition. I have ranked an article in the #1 position of google for its key words, without a single back link. But this is only because of the on page SEO and the fact there was no competition at all for this keywords. Thanks to this forum here where I learned a lot for the SEO and I am still learning, there is a loong way to go :)

However if you are targeting competitive keyword, back links are more and more important and they should be super relevant. In my experience so far, google doesn't like spammy backlinks from random forums, blog comments and etc.

Knacky, Jul 25, 2013 IP