1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are advertisers sleeping?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by thefreebielife, Sep 1, 2007.

I have about 10-15 pending applications from a month ago, and about 20 from 2 weeks ago. Anyone else experiencing this?

I would rather be denied than just have them pending for months. Any recommendations?

thefreebielife, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  2. morphy

morphy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some pending applications for over a month lol

morphy, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  3. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. Yes, some advertisers seem to be asleep at the wheel. Kind of dumb to start an affiliate program and then not bring on affiliates.

geomark, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  4. Jackiemon

Jackiemon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I'm too. I have 4 pending applications for over 3 weeks :(

Jackiemon, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  5. ScottDaMan

ScottDaMan Peon

Best Answers:
    YES THEY ARE.

It has been incredibly frustrating.

I've applied to over 100 various programs recently, and I'm approved (or responded to) on 40% of em...

ScottDaMan, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  6. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, some advertisers decide to stop accepting new affiliates at certain times, for a variety of reasons. Others just seem to forget about the program all together & stop even responding to emails (someone may leave a company, or the company shifts their marketing strategy).

Most of the time though, it just doesn't make sense...

tvmatt, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  7. bestoptimized

bestoptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try and call them or email any email address you can find at the company website. I have had the same problem. I think alot of companies don't have an affiliate manager.

bestoptimized, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  8. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    I am going to email some that I really want to push, i guess that rest will just wait. :(

It sucks.

thefreebielife, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  9. sagargemini

sagargemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with all my buddies here... The advertisers are really dumb & sleeping!!! :D One of my applications was pending for almost 3 months, and at the end of which I got frustrated to hear that it was declined! :( These stupid advertisers simply sit on the applications...

sagargemini, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  10. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes many affiliate programs are left on auto-pilot or get little to no attention.
    Some don't have a dedicated affiliate manager. Someone up high decides launching a program sounds good but they don't commit the resources to run it.

That's why there is so much demand for outsourced affiliate managers and most of my friends stay super busy attending to affiliate programs that were launched by a company that thought "if we build it they will come." Ya they'll come but someone has to be there to approve and support all the affiliates. :)

So glad I don't do management any more. Too many clueless merchants. :p
    The only clients I take on are PRO-actively managed and affiliate-centered.

5starAffiliates, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  11. jakycharles

jakycharles Banned

Best Answers:
    YEs advertisers seems to be sleep at all time you are talking of 1month period my some applications are pending from 2 months and i think that they reject us but dont tel us that they reject

jakycharles, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  12. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    Email the AM. If the AM doesn't answer the email, then move on.

mikyur, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  13. eagleout

eagleout Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's foolish for CJ advertisers to be so slow and stubborn. If I apply for an advertiser and they manually approve, I immediately fill the spot with one that doesn't. CJ could help us by indicating auto or manual approvals on their advertiser listing.

And advertiser responses are a joke. I notified one of my advertisers weeks ago that their ad link went to a 404 error page and haven't heard back from them. Guess they aren't that concerned with CJ. CJ doesn't seemed concerned, either, since I notified them, too.

eagleout, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  14. eambrausa

eambrausa Peon

Best Answers:

I have 2 pending applications from January 3, 2007 :eek:

whats that? hummm OVER 1 year and a half LOL

CJ and their advertisers are a big joke

eambrausa, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  15. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't know that much about CJ, but all the people I know say its facade is very good and professional, but what's cooking behind is truly painful with advertisers deactivated, reverse commision, cheques never sent and you, see pending applications for years :O

Michelle Michan, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  16. eambrausa

eambrausa Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that I still trust cj more than any other affiliate network, I had no problem with payments I just don't like their reporting, takes too long to update, and the long time advertisers take to reply (when they do reply of course). I have no more tolerance for such delay, usually if an advertiser don't reply within 1 week maximum! then good-bye...the last program I canceled was yahoo, they never replied to my messages, so I moved on to the next, that's what is sad about cj, they are big but they cant handle it well.

eambrausa, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  17. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    We should only ignore such advertisers as declined. My application wth "COOLTAN...." has been pending for over 10 years. Some years back I requested the advertiser to either accept or declined. The advertiser asked my account id and pid which I provided. Nothing happened after that. Status is still pending.

drkchaudhry, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  18. eambrausa

eambrausa Peon

Best Answers:

Jeez.......I thought that I broke the world record of sleeping advertisers! LOL

I think you won the Gold Medal my friend, with the 10 years mark hehehe

I stay with the Silver...:)

eambrausa, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  19. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you picked up "10 years" in place of "over 10 years". Flattered with your cheers, I stretched my memory back. Most likely, I applied during 1996. 2-3 times every month, I try to locate unjoined advertiser. I click Get Links, then Additional search Options, then Prospective Advertisers. In the table I click Status to sort. At the top, always I find "Cooltan Tan Through Shirts/Swimwear..... Pending". After second click on Status I view No Relationship advertisers at the top.

drkchaudhry, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  20. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know that's a GREAT idea! I mean really good one. Wonder why no one there has thought to implement it?

5starAffiliates, Aug 19, 2008 IP