1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are adlinks slowing your site load time?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by SportsOutlaw, Mar 26, 2005.

Adding adlinks to my home page is absolutely the only thing I have changed on my home page in the past couple weeks. the page seems to hang for an eternity all of a sudden. (ok, it takes like 8 seconds to load, when it has always loaded in less than 2. )

Anybody else notice a slowdown since adding adlinks? I dont know if this it he problem or not, which is why I am asking.

SportsOutlaw, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  2. lancer

lancer Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are running php on your server do a ps -ef | grep apache
    also do top (or similar) and look for a lot of perl processes

there is a worm going around...i was hit by that...in any case...

to anser your question no it does not seem to slow my site down

lancer, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  3. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure have. Page loads are so fast I would be hard pressed to measure them when I remove ads from my site (remove the one block from the footer included on every page). Page loads are ... guess the best word is ... slugish ... when I have them in. Not really slow, but slower.

I attribute it to my link to my server being fantastic and my link to google being less than stellar.

ziandra, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What will this do?

fryman, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  5. vord

vord Peon

Best Answers:
    Often if the positioning of other parts of the page depend on the size of the ad then the browser will wait for the ads to load before loading the rest of the page. This tends to be a problem when the ads are in the same table as the content - often the browser will wait for the whole table to load so your page load time depends on google's servers.

Try using CSS and defining a div class of a defined size and put the ads in that - then the rest of the page can load while the ads are on their way. Works for me.

vord, Apr 3, 2005 IP