1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Arabic DMOZ is corrupted !

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by abdobasha2004, Dec 20, 2010.

1. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what you really mean?? should I photograph or record a video of the corrupted editor taking money? what hard evidence for example should one like me have?? !!!
    there is no smoke without fire... if DMOZ was not corrupted would you see all these threads every where in many webmaster forums of many webmasters agreeing on this point??
    Yahoo directory also does not accept all site and many are rejected, many are angry with it, however no one heard of a yahoo bribed editor

abdobasha2004, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes, very often there is. Just look at all those silly scare ware emails and popups.

I have no clue. A crowd of otherwise intelligent people believing something just because they've read it on the internet is pretty hard to fathom. It's not an adequate reason to fire anybody.

There have been corrupt editors and, when there is adequate evidence, we fire them. We don't fire people because of rumours or anonymous forum postings.

An example of hard evidence would be email records of bribe solicitations or transactions (complete with full headers). If you or your colleagues have such emails in your archives, let's see them.

jimnoble, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If the Mustang's transmission has a flaw in it, and it's damaging the reputation of Ford, and people start to complain, chances are Ford would fix the problem.

Though, the fact that I do not own it, and the fact that I am not an editor, make no real difference. Though, the fact I am an end user does! Oh wait... the end user IS ODP editors, I keep forgetting that. There is no corruption right? That's why this has become a thread about personal attacks against me rather then issues within the ODP itself.

*sigh*

Well, wait times would certainly be improved if they treated all sites like TOPIX and had a bot list them! :D So there ya go... there is your cure. Treat all sites as if they were owned by editors... that WOULD speed the place up.

And while it's good to see ya back, its rather sad you still have to change all the threads you post in into something about me rather then the ODP.

Qryztufre, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Mothers maiden name, last four digits of the soc., and what else is needed for proof? Many of the editors here will refuse to say that COMPLETED transactions on sites like scriptlance with POSITIVE feedback is NOT proof of selling links... so seriously, is the only thing you are willing to accept email addresses?

Hehe... like you expect people to believe your posts? (or mine?)

The ODP guidelines say one thing on many points, yet editors here say things completely different... so who is one to believe, a thread here on digital point, or the guidelines as seen at dmoz.org itself? No, the guidelines do not say there is corruption, but heh... as they contradict much of what editors say here, it certainly helps to support your point!

EDIT: I've heard that the ODP has fired people for less. At least, I've seen people get canned from DMOZ with no proof given to the editor being let go... so adequate reason? Yeah, heh... that's comical! All it takes is a handful of Meta edtiors and NO PROOF, as per the guidelines!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    Qryztufre, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  5. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    I meant that complain exists even against GOD. But if we care for each and every complain then, we may loose the track in somepoint.

NeVerTrYFoRME, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  6. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh stop being silly, governments can be corrupt...let alone a dmoz editor...just move along and sleep tight don't bother yourself with this garbage.

Trapped, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  7. LiMoO

LiMoO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Many Editors in ODP are honest and add sites without pay or talking with webmasters.

LiMoO, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    That certainly applies as well :D

Qryztufre, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  9. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be better if you say, some people are corrupted and they exist somewhere.

NeVerTrYFoRME, Jan 3, 2011 IP