1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Appraise phonuts.org

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by mathias, Dec 27, 2007.

Please appraise phonuts.org... If I'd like to sell this site with all the content etc, how much should I ask for this? More info below...

• Subject of the Website: free photoshop tutorials for everyone
    • Traffic Details (How many Hits, How many Unique Hits): http://phonuts.org/awpublicstats.php (check them out over here, about 45000 unique visitors/month and 2,000,000 hits/month).
    • Income From the website: about $100/month
    • Backlinks in Total: 2,866
    • Google Pagerank: 2 (should become 5 when google updates my pagerank)
    • Alexa Rank: 142,457
    • Member Details (If forums etc.): about 1600 members
    • Content Details (How many Articles etc.): about 45 tutorials

Thx in advance!

mathias, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if a bump is allowed but.. BUMP

mathias, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    The domain isn't good being a org, but you are getting $100/mth from site income, normally I would put as 12x$100 about $1200 for your site. But it is quite impressive achievement for 3 months, why don't you keep developing it.

wisdomtool, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  4. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    It requires a lot of work and if i don't add a tutorial every 2/4 day's my visitors go down... Like you can see in the last 2 weeks on the stats! I know the .org wasn't a good choice but you know, a few months ago I knew almost nothing about the importance of a domain name and I just didn't thought the extension would matter... Big, big, big mistake from me!

Thx for your comment though, I really appreciate it!

Btw: would it be a good idea to buy the .com and then forward everything?

mathias, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. danger9918

danger9918 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on the price of the .com
    its not being used atm so unless the owner has plans on developing it, i doubt its going to be expensive
    contacting the owner would be the only thing to do atm..unless you know the price he's asking for, you cant really decide :)

site is worth at least $1500
    lots of backlink,content and decent revenue
    develop it some more..

danger9918, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thx for the reply! I guess I'll develop it some more... $1500 already sounds great :)... In a few day's I'll have a visa card (I'm 18 now) so then I think I'm going to purchase the .com!

Kind regards!

mathias, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  7. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with the above appraisals, worth low $xxxx currently, keep developing. If you afford it, then definitely purchase the .com and .net version of the name.

dman_2007, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  8. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, but if i redirect those domains to my site, won't google *punish* me? I've heard that if you redirect different domain names to the same site google might *ban* your site... is that true?

mathias, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  9. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    No thats not true, use a 301 redirect and you'll be fine, no search engine will punish your site.

dman_2007, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  10. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh oke, great, thx for the info! I'm going to order them soon...

If I keep on developing this site, do you think it well raise a lot in value?

mathias, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  11. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    It will, provided traffic and revenue increases as well.

dman_2007, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  12. qeorge

qeorge Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man, nice site. You've got a lot of nice content, I was expecting a bunch of copied / linked tutorials to be honest.

I don't think the domain name itself is particularly great, but it is memorable. If you can get the .com I definitely would. Regardless, good content is always worth money, so just keep making tutorials and in a little while you'll have a large archive.

I think 1500 is definitely reasonable if you continue to make new tutorials, and this value will continually increase over time. If I were you I'd hang onto the site for at least a while, you'll have a source of continued revenue. Keep it up!

qeorge, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  13. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep developing it, it's grown that much in such a short space of time, the value will increase exponentially the more you put into it, consider looking at other revenue streams for the site as well from your current user database.

I know when you are 18, you want to rush on to the next big idea, in time you realise this isn't always the best thing to do. You've done terrifically well so far and if something is working right, keep at it. The overall value if you continue like this can only go up. Selling it for a quick buck return could come back on you and bite you in the ass in the future. Persevere with it, that makes financial sense.

And get that .com quickly before some other rogue here see's what you've written and snaps it up like a domain shark for themselves.

Wishing you all the best of luck for the year ahead.

Best regards.

Magawr Mark

Magawr, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  14. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    PS If you do get your PR5 start looking at selling monthly links on your website - I was talking to one of the fellows at http://www.neutralize.com recently at a christmas bash party, he reckons PR5 links per month, trying to remember my facts properly here, anyway, I think they are worth about $50 a month although someone else here might be able to provide more accurate information on this point.

Btw Neutralise.com are a local company here with a very good name as Linking Strategists, just in case you are interested. Check out their website for further information.

Magawr, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  15. qeorge

qeorge Peon

Best Answers:
    Magawr is right - buy the dotcom and dotnet right now. I had just assumed someone owned them and thats why you bought the org - dotcom is ALWAYS better than anything else.

Seriously man, 7 bucks - don't let someone else get it first. If you really have to wait on this VISA I'll lend you the money via paypal - don't let it go.

qeorge, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  16. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    tomorrow I'll have my visa card... I'll buy it asap, didn't know it was that important! Thanks for all the comments, they are really usefull to a beginner like me! It's also great to know that I've achieved something nice in such a short period of time!

This started as something I did for fun but a few day's ago i got my first wire transfer from google and well... About $300 isn't that bad for a simlple tutorial website so I guess I'll take your advice and keep on working on this site! If there are more comments, tips and such I'd love to know them... I'm always open for everything and although I prefer learning everything myself I've also understood that feedback is very important!

So thank you and kindest regards!

Btw: sorry if my english isn't great and sound kind of childish but hey, if you can understand what I'm saying i'm already happy!

mathias, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  17. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I've already bought the domain name using the visa card of someone in my family... I have a question... How do I do a 301 redirect?

<?php
    header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
    header("Location: http://phonuts.org/");
    ?>

I guess that's the right way to do it, but where do I place this file? I'm using cpanel and just added an "addon domain"...

mathias, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  18. Doughboy23

Doughboy23 Banned

Best Answers:
    It's in the low $xx range

Doughboy23, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  19. mathias

mathias Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nah... Others say it's in the low $.$$$! My tuts alone should already be worth more then $$$...

mathias, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  20. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of adding it in addon domains, add it in the parked domains and then use the manage redirections option to redirect it to your main site.

dman_2007, Jan 2, 2008 IP