1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

API to allow my users to donate to charity

Discussion in 'Programming' started by AlBorne, Sep 30, 2019.

I am building an app that allows users to earn points. The points have a monetary value in our system. I would like the users to have the option to redeem these points as donations to charities of their choice. I am looking for an API that will allow me to provide this option. I would like some popular charities to be there e.g. United way, Salvation Army, Girls who code etc..

Has anyone done something like this before? Search is getting me things like benevity.org and justgiving.com but I'm not sure if that is what I am looking for since they seem to be APIs for people who want to create their own charities.. Any help is appreciated.

AlBorne, Sep 30, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd just use PayPal and as you add charities to your system request their paypal email address.

sarahk, Sep 30, 2019 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's no exchange of money. You are providing a service where your users earn virtual points. Those points are converted in to dollars to donate to a charity of your users choice. You are paying the charity from your company since your company is earning the revenue through another source. You will be paying the charity directly. If you want to set up such an automatic direct solution you would need to contact the charity, sign some sort of agreement, and attain their banking information so you can do a direct deposit via a merchant API. There is no magical API that sends to random charity.

On a side note though... I think you will quickly discover that the world is full of greedy people who would have more of an interest in using an app if it puts dollars in their own pockets than a charities. Just sayin..but great idea!

NetStar, Sep 30, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. AlBorne

AlBorne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys.

AlBorne, Oct 1, 2019 IP