1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

apahcinc.org ripoff?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by EducationLinks, Sep 14, 2007.

I paid $59.95 for a permanent, featured link at apahcinc.org directory. The owner, who has not responded to multiple contact form email, removed my $59.95 listing without explanation. (This is in addition to not receiving the 5 deeplinks at all.)

Since my payment, he/she has changed the submission policy to "yearly." To prove that my submission and payment was for a permanent listing, here is the archived (June 29, 2007) submission page from archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070629153954/www.apahcinc.org/submit.php

What should I do, considering that the owner does not respond?

EducationLinks, Sep 14, 2007 IP
    Instigator likes this.
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    PM username onlinedude on DP. Its Jeff and he is no scammer. he also owns aviva and sevenseek....

mikey1090, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  3. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another member here made the claim a couple days ago that she could not successfully contact the owner of that directory using the contact form. It's probably just not working properly.

EveryQuery, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  4. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Just sent an email to Jeff..So i think he will look into issue soon.

saadahmed007, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  6. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    If nothing works out for you, shoot me a pm. I would contact jeff for ya personally. He is on a break and less online these days.

humm, Sep 14, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  7. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no worries jeff will get to you ... he runs alot of directories so pretty busy. I am sure he is not ignoring you :)

smub, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  8. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Apparently all of Jeff's contact forms don't work?

NRLMedia, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  9. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jeff will respond to his emails. I emailed him recently about a listing in Apahcinc (it was suddenly delisted and he refunded me the money) and so I emailed him about it and he replied. Try the contact form in Aviva if the Apahcinc one does not seem to work.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  10. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yep i too was wondering of that!
    All of his directories have contact forms, any one should be working.. Or is Jeff just a lot busy to check is mails!

sizzler_chetan, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  11. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    The contact form on Alive Directory does not work also. Will be getting that resolved soon. If you notice that you don't get a reply using a contact form, one good way to contact a directory is by using the email address from the PayPal payment. That will almost certainly get to someone that can help you.

mystikmedia, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  12. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jeff removed two of my listings from Aviva Directory last month. and I received the refund promtly.
    one was a featured link and other was regular.
    He is a well respected man here and will refund the money promtly. Just wait for his reply

vic_msn, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  13. Muqadas.Wattoo

Muqadas.Wattoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also got refund from him and maybe you already have it refunded within few days so better to check again your paypal history.

Muqadas.Wattoo, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  14. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm out of town right now and have limited internet access. I did not receive any email from you. I will check into the contact form.

However, I'm aware of your website off the top of my head. Your website was removed and your review fee was refunded in full. Please stop your lies.

I told you in past discussions that I was no longer accepting websites in your category and that I would be reviewing existing listings and removing them from my directories.

If it helps refresh your memory, this was the discusion where in at least 3 messages you threatened legal action against me for refusing to list your site in other directories of mine.

onlinedude, Sep 15, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  15. EducationLinks

EducationLinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jeff, that's hardly proper business conduct. I suggest that you choose your words more wisely, my friend. Just because you are popular here does not give you the right to twist facts and defame my character.

I don't memorize the owners of the many hundreds of different directories to which I have submitted. At no time did we discuss apahcinc.org. In fact, when I created this thread, I was not even aware that you were the owner. Defaming me in a public forum is a mistake, on several different fronts. (Apparently, you did not take note of the complete lack of name-calling and accusations in my posts here.)

What, exactly, is my "lie"? You threw it out there, so PROVE it. If you can't, it's defamation.

I keep stellar records of all link acquisitions. I also archive all emails. When did you send me any sort of alert concerning apahcinc.org? Do you think that I am a mind reader? Where is your email to me concerning my link's removal from the particular directory, apahcinc.org? If you PM proof that you sent such an email, I will fervently apologize and change my username to "I'm a douchebag." Sounds fair to me. Now, I ask, if you can't produce proof, how do you plan on making amends for calling me a liar in public?

Wrong, Jeff. Stick to the facts, please. First, you ignored my emails (which you have now admitted), which left me no alternative but to contemplate legal intervention. Secondly, you hand-picked my particular site for removal (leaving my competitors' links in place), giving my competitors' unfair advantage. I would have had no problem whatsoever if you had employed your new policy equitably. I explained that quite clearly in my email, Jeff.

EducationLinks, Sep 15, 2007 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  16. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    Hmm...it was quite convenient for EducationLinks to forget to mention he had already been refunded his money. :eek:

EveryQuery, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  17. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    Convenient? Do you know how many PayPal transactions I complete every day? DOZENS to even HUNDREDS.

I ask that you set aside your obvious affinity for Jeff and reserve your judgement until Jeff does or does not provide proof that he alerted me about apahcinc.org.

18. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Frankly speaking we can not say what the truth is actually until we hack EducationLinks paypal account :rolleyes: He should know the truth, and i believe he wouldn't have opened this issue to get any publicity..
    There might be some true facts behind this!

sizzler_chetan, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  19. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    What the hell does your usage of paypal have to do with anything?

I am not friends with Jeff. I don't know him personally nor do I frequent this forum just to cyber-blow him like others do. However, I do know an idiot who doesn't know how to properly conduct business online, or properly act on an online forum for that matter.

You clearly have already discussed things with Jeff long before you posted this thread. You could have continued discussing things with Jeff in private, like a rational person. Instead, you choose to sling sh*t at the guy by making this thread.

EveryQuery, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  20. EducationLinks

Best Answers:
    Wow. That question proves your ignorance of the matter at hand. Am I supposed to monitor the 50-200+ transactions per day in eager anticipation of an out-of-the-blue refund (of an April transaction) from Jeff?

Apparently, you do not understand simple English. Try reading my previous posts two or three more times before calling ME the "idiot." I DID NOT KNOW WHO OWNED apahcinc.org WHEN I STARTED THIS THREAD! I simply asked for advice about what to do in the first post, because the owner (who I now know is Jeff) DID NOT RESPOND TO MY EMAILS! Got it now?

For the record, Jeff slung the "sh*t" (calling me a liar without justification or proof), not me. The only thing that I did was pay $59.95 for a listing that was removed without explanation.