1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Apache Gateway. How to configure? Is gateway the solution?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by julianopolito, Oct 21, 2005.

Hello everybody! well, my problem is quite simple, but I have no idea how to solve it.

Scenario:rolleyes:

At home I have 2 computers, linked by a very simple network. My network is made just by adding a second ethernet card to the DESKTOP computer, and there's a cable coming from the DESKTOP to the NOTEBOOK. Also, in the first ethernet card of the DESKTOP I have a cable modem connected for internet access. The internet is already distributed for the 2 computers.
    In both computers I have Apache web server installed, running with PHP.

My Problem:confused:

Well, the problem is that the desktop computer is used by my family, for internet and office stuff. And I use my notebook to develop web applications and etc. Everytime I need to show the progress of my work to my clients, or partners, I need to disconnect the NOTEBOOK from my network and directly connect to the cable modem in order to have a real IP ADDRESS so I can give my clients it , so they can access my personal web server on my machine.

THE QUESTION:eek: :eek:

The question is: How can I give access to the NOTEBOOK while it is inside a network and does not have a REAL IP? Can I setup a gateway in the DESKTOP, so the requests made to the DESKTOP IP will be served by the NOTEBOOK web server? How can I configure that? If that is not the way, how can I do to acomplish this??

Notes: I already tried redirecting from one apache server to the other, using apache directives, but it is not possible, since the IP to the NOTEBOOK is not a internet IP.

Thanks a lot.

julianopolito, Oct 21, 2005 IP