1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AokHost.com --- Free Web Hosting Site 7000k + Accounts makes good $$$

Discussion in 'Sites' started by vavending@cox.net, Jun 1, 2008.

1. vavending@cox.net

vavending@cox.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    look i cant be any more honest about the earnings... and the thread smells fine to me.

the earnings are exactly what i posted...
    trust me im not in the business of bs people...im just offering my site for sale.

vavending@cox.net, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  2. vavending@cox.net

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    there is some good value to the domain name also, i am looking for 4000 for a bin...some of you might think its to high, but i am looking at 6 months of rev. this site is pulling in over 200 new signups per day, and its growing. if i hold on to this site, it should be worth twice that in 1 to 2 years from now. its a great investment. i am very attached to this site, because it actually makes money,,, but ill look at any good offers. there will be atleast 3000 more people usng this service in a month from now.

3. snappy198

snappy198 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I attempted to buy a free webhost similiar to this one a couple months ago. I paid just under $5,000 before finding out it was a scam and luckily I got my money back.

Now heres the kicker, the site I almost got scanned on looked 10 times more legitamite than this. I've done tons of research on these sites, mostly before I tried to buy one and honestly absolutely nothing this guy has posted looks legit. It's so obvious to me this a is a scam it's not funny. The site I almost bought did look'd a hell of a lot more legit, looked legit enough the bidding hit $5,000 and the site was only breaking even. this site making $500 or whatever a month? please.

Whoever buys this site, sorry for your loss but you're a sucker. You've been warned.

snappy198, Jun 5, 2008 IP
    ly2 likes this.
  4. vavending@cox.net

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What does one have to do to prove the legitimacy of this site?

What can I do as a seller to ensure the legitamcy of this site?

We posted all of the stats from the adsense, to the affiliate reports to the google analytics?

What does not look legit with it?

I am sorry that you got scammed on a site like this one before but I am not a scammer.

Instead of flaming us for selling a legit site why don't you ask questions or tell me what you are looking for specifically to ensure the legitamacy of the sale of the site.

I am even willing to put the site into escrow for payment if that eases anyone and I will be willing to pay the escrow fees.

So please tell me what you are looking for and what else I need to do to prove the legitamacy of the site.

I don't think it is right that users coming into this thread interested or not posting things that are unrelated to our posting and trying to screw me over because they got screwed by someone else.

Please just ask the questions and tell us what you want and I will get that info over to you ASAP.

Thanks

5. snappy198

snappy198 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Umm, I did. the very first post I made in this thread was asking you very specifically to explain why specific characteristics of your website looked the way they did. Because the only explanation I have is that this is a scam. That is why I gave you my reasons and examples of what makes it bad and asked for explanation. You never answered.

THat leaves me with either you cant say because you are a fraud or..

you just simply don't understand and are very unknoweldgabe on your own business and the webhosting business in general. Which of course if this is the sase you don't have the ability to even create a website like the one you have in the first place.

Either way you look at it, he's a fraud.

snappy198, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  6. PMedia

PMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How can you call him a fraud? Take your other business and whatever happened to you in the past somewhere else. You obviously were not smart when purchasing the site before. You should have taken their name, address and had a conversation on phone before giving that amount of money away. Im sure this sale is legit and the winning bidder will go through the right steps (unlike you because you got scammed) to obtain the website. Just because he didnt answer your questions doesnt make him a fraud, why didnt you just pm him asking to answer any questions you had? He wouldnt miss that. "Either way you look at it," you were dumb enough to get scammed for that mount of money.

PMedia, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  7. Paul1011

Paul1011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    whats the bid at?

Paul1011, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  8. ShadowStriker

ShadowStriker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you saying cause you don't like the design it is not legit and a scam...?

ShadowStriker, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  9. snappy198

snappy198 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

No, obviously you didn't read the whole thread and that's fine, but if you did you would see that I said the design is very good, in fact one of the best looking free webhosts I'v ever seen. I don't know if the site works, I only briefly looked at the home page and it's a very nice looking site. Now if you read my other posts you would understand why that only adds to it being suspicious.

Theres some really stupid people on this thread

snappy198, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  10. redlabel

redlabel Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What a classic read. Who's going to be the sucker to win this auction. Cant wait to see who does their dough.

redlabel, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  11. dalem

dalem Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm completely baffled.

How do you get 200 signups a day when your confirmation emails don't arrive ?
    I, and many friends have tried to join the site without success.
    Every time someone joins it says " Confirmation email sent Blah Blah Blah "

It never gets there.

Has anyone actually managed to register and get free hosting ?

dalem, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  12. ShadowStriker

ShadowStriker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I read all your posts in this thread, which are the only ones you ever made on DP, but you said "explain why specific characteristics of your website looked the way they did" And you never said the design was good you said that you have seen sites with a much crappier design were PR 4-6.

Although I'm sorry if I may have misunderstood you, doesn't mean I'm stupid...

ShadowStriker, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  13. snappy198

snappy198 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL sorry, I was tired. My posts probably aren't the most clear either. Anyway... Whoever wins the site, best of luck to you hope it works out.

snappy198, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  14. imac.pro

imac.pro Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pm me more details like... stats adsense stats and final bin price

imac.pro, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  15. w3kit

w3kit Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Design has nada to do with PR. You can get PR on a site with nothing but a parking page. On the other hand you can get the best design there is and have no PR.

w3kit, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  16. snappy198

snappy198 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No shit you're missing the entire point.

snappy198, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  17. vavending@cox.net

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok i have now seen it all...i am not going to repeat the email i just received because im sure that person loves the attention, and it would get me kicked off dp.
    it is unreal how sick people are---all im going to say is to the person that just sent me an email---you need lots of mental help, if you think you can come to my house, and kill me because you dont like my free hosting site well than just let me know when, and ill open the door for you---and you can try to do what you said, but i promise you it wont happen the way you expained---you are a sick, and disturbed person...in the morning i am going to send your email address to the police.

for any of you that dont understand what i am talking about,,,i just received an email from someone reading this thread, and said that he was going to come to my house, and slice my throat with a razor blade....it went on in detail, but i am not going to any further at this point.
    this is just sick, this is a website???
    i have received nothing but negative feedback over the last few days regarding this site..and now someone is telling me they are going to kill me...yeah right this is stupid.

i am going to make this simple and end this auction...i am going to keep the site, and improve it...so that one day when i decide to relist it will actually be more accepted here...
    to all the guys/gals here that backed me up, i appreciate everything.
    to all the haters---life is to short to be pissed all the time

vavending@cox.net, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  18. redlabel

redlabel Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah that is a bit rough i have to agree. At the end of the day it is only a website. I wouldnt listen to people like that they are just not worth it.

I think the best you have said in quite some time is to take the site of the market and better it. At present you will only get pennies for it anyway. But if it shows as much potential as you say in time it will be worth a shit load more. So yes take the dam thing of the market and improve it, then you will reap the rewards. Regards

redlabel, Jun 10, 2008 IP