1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyway to change sitelinks?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by se_p800, Jun 21, 2008.

I dont like the site links that appear under my website on google search, ios there anyway to change them? With google webmaster tools I can block certain ones but I dont know how I can add one I want? Thanks

se_p800, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. GreenLED

GreenLED Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't believe you have any control over sitelinks. The same thought occurred to me when browsing the Webmaster Tools menus. While reading some text either on that particular menu or some help page (don't remember which it was) I noticed that Google creates sitelinks automatically. Therefore, I don't believe you have much control over this. A mysterious way of doing things I think, but what can you do. Hopefully this is not the case, but that is my understanding of the current situation.

GreenLED, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's correct. We can't create a new sitelink because they are created by google dynamically from time to time.At the most, we can block it. That's all :)

dairyman, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  4. GreenLED

GreenLED Peon

Best Answers:
    Speaking of blocking: Now that you mention it, there might well be a back-end way to "control" what sitelinks are created. If you use your robots.txt to block pages you don't want, then you've eliminated those from being used. However, you could also name the pages "News" or "Contact Us" (etc.) This is strictly speculation on my part. Although I think it's a step in the right direction, I doubt it will solve the issue completely. In any event, see what other input you get and give this idea a go. Let me know what you come up with.

GreenLED, Jun 21, 2008 IP