1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anything wrong with the ranking?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by kippie, Apr 15, 2004.

I use this wonderful tool keyword and backling tracker but I have a question. The site www.deacademievoorinnovatieftrainen.nl gives a PageRanking of 5 in the tracker while it gives a 6 in the Google Toolbar. Is the ranking in the tool more five in the sense that it measures a 5.4 or something like that while the Google ranking gives a 6 to anything more than 5.0 or is there another explanation of the difference in ranking?

Kippie

kippie, Apr 15, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The tracker shows a PageRank of 6 for me when I add it... The only thing I can think of is that the PageRank went up for you, but the back links did not. PR and Pages In URL only update when the back links change.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 15, 2004 IP
  3. kippie

kippie Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks, got it.

Kippie

kippie, Apr 16, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    The title of this thread is almost right for my question so I'm going to piggyback on it.

I have run the tracker 2 or 3 times this morning and it appears to finish fine. But the date on all my results is still April 15????????

Are the results being updated or not?

compar, Apr 16, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try clicking on one of the keywords manually (the link). If there is a problem with Google, it will return the error (for example if your key has hit it's daily limit).

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 16, 2004 IP
  6. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Curious. I have recently had a new competitor of sorts pop up this month. It's a brand new site. I checked his backlink/pagerank and I see he is already getting a higher rank than I am. My traffic rank through Alexa is much better, we both have no backlinks, I have 7 pages in URL vs. 1 for competitor. How would he be getting ranked a 3 and while I'm still a measly 1? :confused:

--------------------BL---PR---Pgs
    www.*****.com----0----3----1---Apr 16, 2004
    www.tsptalk.com----0----1----7---Apr 16, 2004

By the way, if it's cool to ask here, does anyone have a financial site that would like to swap a link, or sell me a spot on a good PR page? My main page seems to be flip flopping between a 1 and a 3, mostly 1 lately. I need backlink help.

Thanks!

tsptom, Apr 16, 2004 IP
  7. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I finally saw some backlinks (13) on the backlink tracker yesterday, but the PR stayed at 1. Today my PR is 4 but backlinks are back to 0. :confused:

...and the Webrank still has me at 0, ever since I dropped my Overture account. (It used to be 3). I have since reinstated my account.

tsptom, Apr 27, 2004 IP
  8. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if anyone is reading this thread, but I now have a PR4 (from 1) and 13 backlinks (from 0). Not much but I wanted to thank everyone here for your help. I was going nowhere fast without you. Now I am at least progressing. Thanks!

tsptom, Apr 27, 2004 IP
  9. IONWeb

IONWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Tom! I bet that is a great feeling to see it pay off eh?

The fluctuations you saw are from the latest updating I do believe. My site is also new (a little over a month) and it fluctuated almost hourly between 1 and 4. Since this weekend, it has been a solid PR4 so I assume it has stabilized. Only bad thing is - I only show 1 backlink :( I guess having a PR4 and google only showing 1 backlink is pretty good - maybe google likes the layout/kw/content in use?? But I still wonder why no other links are showing - when I know they are out there based on what I see in my stats program....

~MC
    ION Web Design

IONWeb, Apr 27, 2004 IP
  10. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks IONWeb. Your best advertising is going to be your website. It is such a nice looking design. I have a friend who just bought a domain name that he has waited months for to become available. Now he is getting ready to start a site. I will tell him about your service.

tsptom, Apr 27, 2004 IP
  11. IONWeb

IONWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tom - mighty kind of you :)

I guess I just have to work on word of mouth until I can get the SERPS up for people to find the site... more backlinks would help tremendously of course - just do not know why the ones I have are not showing up:confused:

BTW, hows the validation going?

~Michael
    ION Web Design

IONWeb, Apr 28, 2004 IP
  12. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are in much more competitve business than I am but I have had a lot of success with Google's AdWords. Just a thought to get things rolling for you.

I started to go through the validation but decided to wait for the weekend. I did add the <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> to my home page and it seems to be OK.

Thanks!

tsptom, Apr 28, 2004 IP