1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyones Rankings Just Sunk?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sweetfunny, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check all of your rankings for your sites. It seems like Google undid the major SERP changes that occured around January 15th of this year. All my websites bounced back to the top of the SERPS after being down significantly for 3 or 4 months.

SEOguy101, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  2. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for head this up buddy. :) Glad to hear that your site bounce back but my site not yet. Still ranked #3 in all Google DCs and ranked #3 - #5 in almost all countries except USA (#88) :eek:

Sxperm, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  3. vexx

vexx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem as you Sweetfunny...site 2 years old, had 6-7k visitors daily from Google and since end of March, 200-300 per day. The good news is, you and me are not alone, Google is up to something with this last alg update called stupidly Dewey and it seems this is not over yet. The bad news is, the SERPs are fluctuating alot, I monitor my keywords frequently daily and they come up to 1st place in SERPS then they dissapear in a matter of minutes. We are not penalized, G is updating "something", some rollbacks are in effect and this is all I can say atm, all I figured so far. I think(hope) that this update will settle down soon or i'll go crazy.

vexx, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  4. slabbernock

slabbernock Member

Best Answers:
    Although some tiny changes have happened at times, the main problem still persists for my site. It took me time to get over it but I have moved onto other things. I figure there is a chance that it may come back in the next Major Google Update (since it still shows favorably on googles other datacenters). But until then I have just left it alone. It sucks but there is nothing one can do really. any other thoughts...

slabbernock, May 2, 2008 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is definitely a lot of fiddling with the algorithm going on at Google. Looks like there was some tweaking going on after the recent pr export to the toolbar.

bogart, May 4, 2008 IP
    lightless and tanujdude91 like this.
  6. vexx

vexx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, from my part nothing good has changed...for keywords i usually ranked on 2nd to 5th position, now they are not even appearing in SERPs or they appear as last...anyway, I've worked my ass off with this site...to end like this...it's a shame Google..it's a shame

vexx, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. slabbernock

slabbernock Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone read about this on any other forums or anything...

slabbernock, May 7, 2008 IP
  8. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Same, i had a tiny blip on the radar at the beginning of April where about 10% of my keywords and pages returned and disappeared again. The difference with my site is it just doesn't rank on any Google DC's, however it's completely indexed and receives around 2GB in Googlebot crawls a month.

It's got fresh cache's, and i "can" find it in SERP's provided i search complete sentences where it's typically last page from just a few thousand results.

It's also got countless PR6 and PR5 subpages, yet PR N/A splogs can swipe my pages, put up Adsense and outrank me without effort which is a real slap in the face from Google.

I'm close to just blocking Google from the whole domain, 2GB of bandwidth for a handfull of visitors is a joke i get more traffic from Ask or AltaVista.

Anyhow here's the traffic and crawl data.

Aprils spike
    [​IMG]

Googlebot
    [​IMG]

sweetfunny, May 7, 2008 IP
  9. slabbernock

slabbernock Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose we can just hold on, and hope for that little blip to somehow swing around sometime soon.

slabbernock, May 7, 2008 IP
  10. pioneer1

pioneer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    my sites traffic are constant at present

pioneer1, May 7, 2008 IP
  11. vexx

vexx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, sweetfunny holds on for several months now, myself for more than 1 month, how much you think we can hold on, specially considering the fact that only thing "bad" we did was to keep on optimizing oru pages, links and so on without any tricks...

so ya..let's hold on :)

vexx, May 8, 2008 IP
  12. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Good serp is Lost too, organic traffic lost about 80%. I hope it will be back soon.

guniwan, May 9, 2008 IP
  13. slabbernock

slabbernock Member

Best Answers:
    %&#* I just had another site that went down the Crap Hole. It was #1 for a term (not too competitive) and now it is way way way down in the hole! Built as White Hat as they come! hmmmmm. Not a clue what to do anymore,,, Perhaps go play with the Black Hat?

slabbernock, May 25, 2008 IP
  14. slabbernock

slabbernock Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone with regards to this thread...
    Had a site that has tanked, but still showing well on Google's Datacenters and other countries, just not google.com
    And then tried a 301 Redirect

(301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".
    http://www.webconfs.com/how-to-redirect-a-webpage.php )

Perhaps that could bring it back to life on google.com... any thoughts?

slabbernock, May 27, 2008 IP
  15. homey

homey Peon

Best Answers:
    My main site, completely white hat just got google wacked.

All my keywords completely tanked. I had a dozen in the top 5, now all of them are either completely out of the database or in the 400-600 range. Crazy, I literally just checked a few hours ago and everything was fine, I went to get a bite to eat, came back, and now my site is off the google map.

I have no idea what I could have possibly done wrong. No big changes have even been made in the last few weeks.

Was there just a big update, or am I the only one that just got wacked?

homey, May 28, 2008 IP
  16. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    I actually tried that on my site after my reinclusion request obviously went in to the trash can, the penalty/glitch followed along to the new URL.

Yes, i was talking to someone who's site completely vanished within the last few hours. The site is fully white hat, had many top rankings and it's completely gone from SERP's and Image Search. The site doesn't even rank for it's homepage title, which is unique if you put it in quotes.

sweetfunny, May 28, 2008 IP
  17. jesper08

jesper08 Peon

Best Answers:
    copy your site to a new domain... and make a redirect from you first domain.... start all over... You'll be back in 6 months :)

jesper08, May 28, 2008 IP
  18. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if it's work but from my experienced..recently. 301 redirect cause my site ranking up/down regularly compared to the other site which has never done on 301. Hell yeah :D one of my site just down from #6 --> #831. This domain is the only one that 301 and the only one that ranking suffer. Don't know what happened really.;)

Sxperm, May 28, 2008 IP
  19. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Read my above post, i tried that and the penalty followed with the 301. Also if a 301 "was" going to work, it certainly wouldn't take 6 months the effects would be noticed in days.

sweetfunny, May 28, 2008 IP
  20. homey

homey Peon

Best Answers:
    My rankings seem to have returned with some small changes. Who knows if it will last.
    The whole thing is just strange. I have not had any external links showing up in webmaster tools for the last month or so, but I didn't worry too much about it because it looked like many other people had the same issue and my rankings were not effected.
    well, yesterday, At the same time I was dropped from the rankings, I checked my webmaster tools, and now all of a sudden it shows my links. Insane amount of links. Thousands more links than what is realistic. Very strange. This is repeated for hundreds of entries. There are 3 domains that google thinks have hundreds of 'backlinks' to my site, but when I look at these pages, there is no link to be found. Strange. I have been manually checking and cannot find any duplicate content, but this could take a long time and may never be found if the pages were being scraped and created 'on the fly'.

Now today, logging into webmaster tools, all my "top search queries" are wiped out "data is not available". Some wierd stuff happening at the big G.

homey, May 29, 2008 IP