1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyones Rankings Just Sunk?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sweetfunny, Jan 26, 2008.

1. wasted soul

wasted soul Banned

Best Answers:
    well, same story here...

my keywords was ranking on #5 then down to #60 and still going down

i myself getting confused what's happening

and review all the task ive done before it start to happen

i don't recall that i over use link building or promotions

wasted soul, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rankings will go up and down, I suggest everyone learn how to get other streams of traffic to your sites. On most of my sites the last stream is the search engines.

gotlinks, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. slabbernock

slabbernock Member

Best Answers:
    I guess nothing is changing for anyone... and no one with any new info with regards to sites showing good rankings in google's datacenters but not on google.com ... Trying to do other things but keep an eye on this forum.

slabbernock, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  4. RussellC

RussellC Peon

Best Answers:
    My site is all over the show now... found it at number 3 serp yesterday for one it its top keywords, was getting excited it was better, then 30 mins later im back on page 7 of serps!!!

The thing that is ironic is there are cloaked spam sites filling up the top 30... talk about a poor show from google.

WTF is going on with google... now the top twenty serps are ALL EBAY!, and the top 3 product search results are ALL EBAY!!

To think we build quality relevent sites, and they are such clowns they can't get this working..

To be honest, they have a problem here, yahoo is returning much much more relevant results in my areas now. Google are having problems IMO.

RussellC, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No problems mate :D Just a flux and your patient is the key. Your story is same as mine and other peoples in this thread so we understand your furious :D I think this flux is a good sign that you will see many relevant sites emerge out and got rank where it should be for a "temporarily" but will got permanent after this flux ended.

From my observation, I see rapidly on de-indexed and re-indexed many sites/pages around 5 days especailly for results on USA. Most of allinanchor results in usa will be according to normal results in Google.com in other countries. ;) please wait and you (and all peoples here) will be rewarded for sure.

Sxperm, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any hosting issues?

bogart, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  7. pipsbank

pipsbank Banned

Best Answers:
    Google are adjusting the new algorithm and try to adjust all the SERP to the new algorithm

pipsbank, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  8. drumsoloartist

drumsoloartist Peon

Best Answers:
    sweetfunny... I have 1 question... Did you have any sort of eBay affiliative scripts going on that site??

I had about the same think happen around the end of December : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=632706

ie: over 50 pages just disappeared overnight... (And it is also a well established site)

drumsoloartist, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  9. FL954

FL954 Peon

Best Answers:
    all my site rankings drop from 2 to 1

FL954, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  10. RussellC

RussellC Peon

Best Answers:
    You dropped from 2 to 1? You in Australia or have problems with numbers?

As per the hosting issues, i have seen none, and in google webmaster tools it says it has been able to crawl my site with no time outs...

So no...

RussellC, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  11. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haha...LMAO. Hosting is not the issue I believe most people on this thread are experiencing. It is a sudden change on Google's end thats been driving me and (probably most people here) absolutely nuts for about 6 weeks.

SEOguy101, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  12. drumsoloartist

drumsoloartist Peon

Best Answers:
    :) - I hope you are talking about PR !!! - cause you just dont make any sense...:)

drumsoloartist, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  13. RussellC

RussellC Peon

Best Answers:
    WOOHOOO. looks like it might be over... the site is coming back on some of the keywords today..

52 days exactly ive been out in the cold. Not totally over yet, but thinking it might be.

RussellC, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  14. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, some of my site come back with some keyword either but most of them are not yet. That may be a sign of good news. :eek: I hope so

Sxperm, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  15. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Still waiting for a few of my sites to go back...so far I haven't experienced any increase in SERPs that others here are mentioning.

SEOguy101, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  16. russianzio

russianzio Peon

Best Answers:
    That is so unlikely!! If you are not on that spot, somebody else took it and takes traffic from this Premium Adsense publisher )) To make this "Conspiracy Theory" work they should remove all the results for that term and leave just one of theirs!! :D

And , i am experiencing the same problem from this morning, my site went to around place 950 in Google for the most of the key terms, just a few stayed. The 3 year old site is very strong, was # 2-3 for many very popular key word combinations, it was bringing around 3000 uniques daily.. I have only Yahoo and MSN visitors now :( Never used any blackhat t. nor sold links from this domain, have spent 3 years developing it, the same way 12 hours a day, most of weekends devoted to it... :( I would be so upset, and i feel your pain now, sweetfunny, if it stays this way for as long as in your case....

russianzio, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  17. russianzio

russianzio Peon

Best Answers:
    It might have been some glitch as it lasted just a few hours for my site... The SERs are higher now!!! I think sweetfunny you really need to clear things up with Google authorities as your glitch goes on and if you have a quality site they would fix it!! Find Matt if you wish as its really a huge issue that 15k daily people can not find what they are looking for!!

russianzio, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  18. davidness

davidness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any update sweetfunny? or how about anyone else?

davidness, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  19. drumsoloartist

drumsoloartist Peon

Best Answers:
    No nothing new here...

drumsoloartist, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  20. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope nothing new here, the site has more inbound links and content than ever and a reinclusion request was a complete waste of time. All pages are indexed, but just don't appear in a search. Also the pagerank went up for the homepage, and the majority of subpages and the site is still being crawled heavily and has fresh cache dates.

I can search phrases several words in length that return just 1,000 results, and my PR5 page with authority backlinks and an exact search phrase match will rank last and there's splogs with scraped content, a gray PR containing only a couple of the searched keywords ranking higher.

So much for returning the most relevant results hey Google.

sweetfunny, Mar 15, 2008 IP