1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone want a cut of 600 Billion Dollars?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by anthonycea, May 19, 2005.

We all know that war is dirty and evil.

But do you know that they are profitable for many shareholders of defense related manufacturers and military service vendors :confused:

You know the old saying, the love of money is the root of all evil......

Well the war in Iraq is projected to go on for years, maybe another 7 or so.

The costs are way above what Bush told us and are growing faster than ever and having a great effect on the American nation, running our budget deficit to record numbers and putting children that have not been born yet in debt some $40,000.00 each thanks to Cheney and Bush.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-05-18-csm-iraq-costs_x.htm?csp=N009

Despite the yawning federal deficit, Congress hasn't blinked at this price. And while annual defense spending is now as high as it ever was during the Reagan buildup, the U.S. economy as a whole is much larger, making it easier, in economic terms, for the nation to shoulder the bill.

Yet the costs for Pentagon operations are likely to pile up in years ahead. By 2010, war expenses might total $600 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Much depends on when — and how many — U.S. military personnel can be withdrawn from the Iraqi theater of operations.

"We can't be any more certain about the trend of the defense budget than we can be about the number of troops that will be deployed overseas," says Steven Kosiak, director of budget studies for the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments.

The demands and unpredictability of war have, in essence, turned the defense budget into a two-part allocation. First is the regular budget request, which contains acquisition and research and development funds as well as personnel and operations costs, and which Congress considers in its normal appropriations process. Second is the supplemental appropriations — the add-on emergency spending requested by the administration later in the year.

Congress gave final passage to a 2005 supplemental defense bill just last week. Of the $82 billion contained in the bill, all but $76 billion will pay for Defense Department operations costs. The cost of the U.S. military in Iraq is running about $5 billion a month, estimated the former Pentagon comptroller earlier this year.

Fighting in Iraq "is lasting longer, and is more intense, and the cost to keep troops in the theater of operations is proving to be much greater than anyone anticipated," wrote Rep. John Spratt (D) of South Carolina, ranking minority member of the House Budget Committee, in a recent Democratic report on war costs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

How did we end up with leaders who consider the money first (OIL MONEY) at the expense of the entire world population, costing not only money out of everyone's pockets but the lives of 100's of thousands who did not have any thing to do with the reasons for conflict.

anthonycea, May 19, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Money and power will make people do just about anything. And as long as gas prices are cheap here in the US, nobody is going to give a f*ck about what happens anywhere else in the world.

Crazy_Rob, May 19, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey BIG GUY, cheap gas is .27 cents a gallon, not $2.30 - $3.50 a gallon, some are predicting $5.00 here in the states and don't put it past Cheney to rig that.

4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    here we go again...............................

debunked, May 19, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you want to hide facts Debunked, the story is ongoing, are you like all Republicans and still have your head buried in the sand :confused:

6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    nuff said :)

I see you're in real estate now, my partner Josh happens to actually be from medford, small world ...

Blogmaster, May 19, 2005 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is funny that as soon as the war is mentioned, every body even the opposition starts to argue on a same line of thinking. :rolleyes:

Opposition: The government went to war to get cheap oil.

Government: no we didn't.

have you ever tried to think out of the box ? What if the purpose of war was not to get cheap oil and what is good for American consumer but actually to raise the price of oil?

Give it some thought and the purpose of war becomes more clear. :)

gworld, May 19, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh you poor Republicans know all is lost since Bush is losing all support from the American people on the war and the economy.

Looks like your Presidents poll ratings are way down and dropping like a rock on the above issues and oil guys :eek:

9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    WHy does that matter though?

10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That wasn't what I was saying at all. I was simply pointing out that most Americans are not concerned w/ world events unless it impacts them directly.

Just an observation, my friend. ;)

11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/04/AR2005050402134.html
    http://1010wins.com/topstories/local_story_125112415.html

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8A5PG8O0.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_down
    Hey ST, I painted my cardboard box this weekend! You know, now that we're all poor and eating out of trash bins because Bush (with the aid of Karl Rove, no doubt) has ruined the world. Oh, the doom and gloom!

GTech, May 19, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The make money on war then oil after we gain the oil fields plan is still in progress for the Cheney administration, but too bad that the Russians and China are not supporting our bases in Iraq.

But what the hell Gworld has a good point, look at the chart on the American Stock exchange oil index since Bush has been in office :p

Investors who bet on Bush raising oil prices are sitting in a good position (mostly Bush friends like Ken Lay) :cool:

Attached Files:

13. GTech

Best Answers:
    The oil fields belong to the Iraqis. It's kind of hard to say we are stealing oil in one sentence, only to suggest we are not because we haven't stolen their oil fields yet.

Maybe Russia and China are not happy that the oil for food program they were so richly profiting from was pulled from under their feet? Wouldn't you be mad, if someone stopped your corrupted profit machine?

GTech, May 19, 2005 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Awesome, I may have to move into your box until I'll be able to afford my own ;)

15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So you are admitting that we are in another Vietnam, right GTech :confused:

16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

The biggest heist in history

It has been a lot of discussions about if the war was right or wrong and people calling each other names. Here is some numbers about the war and I let you decide what you think about it.

According to energi information administration (a government office, no left organization):

"During 2003, the United States produced around 7.8 million barrels per day"

According to telegraph the price of oil before the talk of war could be described as follows:

"When he indicated on Wednesday that war in Iraq was all but inevitable, the oil price climbed 48 cents a barrel to $28.27, a third higher than at the beginning of the year. The $18 to $25 a barrel range is considered ideal."

If we consider that the production will be the same and take that the price would have been in the higher range of $25, and today price at $50 Then a simple math shows us the war is generating:

(50-25)*7.8 Mil=$195 million extra profit every day just in domestic production or $71,175,000,000 /year for oil companies.

even the energy department acknowledges this for 2004 report:

"Financial Performance

Twenty-four major U.S. energy companies reported overall net income (excluding unusual items) of $16.7 billion on revenues of $213 billion during the second quarter of 2004 (2Q04). This level of net income represented a 67% increase relative to the second quarter of 2003 (2Q03) (see EIA's "Financial News for Major Energy Companies "). Domestic upstream oil and natural gas production operations accounted for $6.3 billion of net income, with domestic refining and marketing operations also earning $6.3 billion. Foreign upstream oil and natural gas production operations accounted for $5.0 billion of net income, with foreign refining and marketing operations at $1.3 billion.

Independent oil and natural gas producers, oil field companies and refiner/marketers reported a sharp increase in net income (up 75%) during Q compared to Q (see EIA’s "Financial News for Independent Energy Companies"). This increase in net income was due primarily to large increases in the prices of natural gas and crude oil, and a rise in gross refining margins of 49% year-over-year. "

I don't think there is any need to quote any information about the relationship between Bush family and oil industry and I don't even say anything about the profit from weapon industry. Here are the numbers, draw your own conclusion.

Sources:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/usa.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai.../06/wirq506.xml

gworld, May 19, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    GTech knows better, he will have to answer for his propaganda for criminals one day. Right GTech :confused:

18. GTech

Best Answers:
    Is there a magic forumula you applied to some post of mine to come to such a rediculous conclusion?

Not even in the same category. The only similarities are that the Democrat party, the mainstream media and people like John Kerry and "Unca" Ted Kennedy betrayed our soldiers then, and they are doing no less today.

But you have to remember Anthony, I'm not disappointed in the Iraqis freedom and I'm not disappointed in fighting terrorists. That disappointment seems to lie in your court, for whatever reason. Defeatism?

GTech, May 19, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So what you are saying is that Vietnam was a just war and spraying agent Orange was good :confused:

20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    True, now replace "Americans" with any other nationality and it will be true as well.
    So why are we supposed to be perfect?