1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone using Vivaldi browser?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by s4nd3r, Jun 9, 2022.

The people on this forum seem to be more tech savvy and use the web for more than just reading emails and following social media feeds, so I thought I'd recommend a tool that has helped me a lot in the past few years.
    It's a browser called Vivaldi and it's the most feature rich and customizable browser I've ever used.
    Few of the features that I use a lot:
    • Tab grouping, tiling and most other tab management features
    • Ad blocker
    • Web panels (I've put most of my messaging apps there)
    • Reader view
    • Notes
    • Screenshot tool
    • Mouse gestures
    I've also started using their built in mail, calendar and feeds clients. I haven't used calendar that much yet, but having all mail accounts in one place is great and I really like that I can keep track of lots of different types of content (news sites, blogs, YouTube channels, comics, etc.) from one place with feeds.
    Plus, I like their anti tracking and user privacy centric approach.

You can check the browser out on Vivaldi.com.

Who else is using Vivaldi and what do you think about it?

s4nd3r, Jun 9, 2022 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this is a genuine post or a promo for vivaldi. @deathshadow has used it extensively, I believe. Too bad he always posts short paragraphs, I wish he'd be a bit more descriptive in his posts............

qwikad.com, Jun 11, 2022 IP
    deathshadow and sarahk like this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It looks good, I like the built in notes & pomodoro. Would need to spend some more time on it before deciding to switch

sarahk, Jun 11, 2022 IP
  4. s4nd3r

s4nd3r Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry if my post came across as too promotional. I just wanted to recommend a super cool and useful app, in my opinion. And I think members of this forum, who likely never heard of Vivaldi, would also benefit from using it.

s4nd3r, Jun 13, 2022 IP
  5. PiliB12

PiliB12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    after google i forgot about other new browsers lol , but this one looks good .

PiliB12, Jun 13, 2022 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've been a Vivaldi user almost since the start. This was because once Opera 12 was no longer viable, and Opera went full Pakled with version 15 telling the existing userbase to go F*** ourselves, it was hard for me to find a browser that did one "essential" part of how I use browsers well.

"Portrait" mode tabs off to one side, wide enough I can see the blasted titles!

That and rocker-navigation are my big go-to features in a browser. The attempt at extensions for Chrome and FF left a lot to be desired, and Vivaldi does what I want done.

That Vivaldi was created by one of the founders of Opera that it sounds -- though not confirmed -- like he got forced out of his own company explains a lot of why it's EVERYTHING that made be a die-hard Opera user from version 8 through 12.

Though that's why a lot of Vivaldi's "Innovative built in features" are something of a laugh, given Opera had most of them them well over a decade and a half ago. Setting aside the render engine tech, in terms of UI and UX, ALL "modern" browsers are still playing catchup to Opera 8.

Kind of like all those fancy new CSS3 "features" that existed in IE 5.

deathshadow, Jun 13, 2022 IP