1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone using both phpLD & eSyndicat?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by YMC, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm looking for someone who has experience using the current, or at least semi-current, versions of both scripts. If that's you, could you please PM me or jump in here? It looks like I am going to be forced to upgrade (server issues and currently down site) and am wondering if I should switch horses. Thanks.

YMC, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  2. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have used both and prefer esyndicat.

I "switched horses" as you put it, to esyndicat.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    swedal, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just bought it last week, and I have been setting it up for the last 2-3 days.

I've setup and owned over 15 link directory sites over the last 10 YEARS, and I've tested most of the leading php link directory scripts on the market, and THIS IS VERY NICE!!!! I did not use the old version, but this is very easy to use and it's also easy to optimize. It's looks good, works well, easy to use for users, and easy for the owner to setup, configure, manage, and expand. The site is not live at the moment, but I would be happy to chat and share my experiences with the NEWEST VERSION OF eSyndicat.

Feel Free to MSG ME...

The SEO Man, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for your comments.

Anyone else care to chime in?

YMC, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  5. iqra_psh

iqra_psh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I uses both and i personally think esyndicat is by far the better script, and support is super at esyndicat.
    You should check the demos of each, and you will get the idea.

iqra_psh, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  6. hotftuna

hotftuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I switched a number of directories from Esyndicat to phpld. Only have one site left running Esyndicat and I prefer phpld. I get great support from their staff and that make a big difference since I am constantly modifying and tweaking my sites.

I also run one v5 phpld business directory, and have a second in work.

hotftuna, Apr 5, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  7. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I use both - Prefer eSyndicat basically for the support..

It may take a day or two for the support to respond - in most cases they are very helpful with their excellent support. = eSyndicat

stock_post, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  8. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remember back in the day I tried eSyndicat too and ended up choosing phpLD. At the end of the day it comes down to how large the support circle for the script is.

Nima, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  9. zekin

zekin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am interested to try out esyndicat but I see their forum is quiet, look at their pre-sale section and the staff occasionally reply. Also there are many SPAM in their forum if you notice.

But I'm NOT licensed so I don't know about the paid forum section (assuming there is) whether it's "quiet" or not.

PHPLD forum is a lot more active than esyndicat IMHO.

I wonder how is their "support" really? I would like to know feedback from real esyndicat user as well. In terms of support, activeness from forum user, cost of mods, cost of templates, easiness to modify etc.

Thanks.

I am experienced PHPLD user btw.

EDIT: I do see some replies from staff now

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    zekin, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  10. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Greetings all,

Wow, I was really happy to read that many positive feedbacks here. Thanks guys

You can simply ask us. Just send an email to manager at esyndicat or submit a ticket. We don't have many requests at the moment but the guys are really overloaded with the custom mods as we provide custom services at VERY affordable prices. Just few examples: custom unique template development starts at $200 or so. I'm not talking about another clone of an ugly template, that's the price for the template that could be used with the default functionality.

You can check our demos. Our main focus now - creating a stable bugless software. If you check our roadmap you can see we release 1-2 versions a month with some minor improvements, new features and what's more important - we fix all the reported issues.

There are about 80-100 new directories born monthly that use our software according to our statistics and that says itself :)

P.S. We don't monitor 3rd party forums often - but if you have any questions feel free to ask them in our helpdesk. That's the best way to contact us, and the forum at esyndicat is silent as we have pro forums area where the major discussion goes.

Simon Gooffin, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  11. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both are great directory scripts. But, choosing one of them depends on the features your looking for.

Bedwan, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  12. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used both but i am a die hard fan of eSyndicate since inception.

SEOBoss, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  13. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really like to give a shot at esyndicat however, even demo seems weird, thumbnail not showing, searching in categories where there should be things listed and find them empty, google map sometimes not working.

I need a really good business directory script

IG2010, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  14. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Their support is not 24/7 or even 24/5 - more like 8 hours M-F. English does not appear to be their first language. You generally get one volley of communication a day - meaning you put in a ticket, they ask a question (that's one day or more), you answer the question and they ask another (another entire day or more goes by). Inevitably if you ask more than one question at a time, they only answer one at a time. Really frustrating. They generally fix the problem and will do as requested when getting paid work done but bring your patience and don't expect anything fast. Additionally, a lot of fixes and modifications seem to require changes to core files.

There isn't a paid forum section like phpLD but there is a section reserved for the folks who purchase a license. Makes sense really since the paid version has native features that the free version doesn't. It too
    is fairly quiet though.

phpLD seems to have a larger user base so it makes sense that their forums are busier and there's more templates available. I usually end up taking one of the ES 'standard' templates and modifying it myself.

YMC, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  15. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello,

I will definitely go with eSyndicate. I can list a whole bunch of reasons to choose it over other directory softwares out there but my main reason is the support I get from these guys. Simon has personally helped me out so many times. These guys helped me custom code a review plugin to work my way (I am not saying they will do that for everyone) but just to show the lenght these guys go to make customers happy.

I just checked out the new version and it ROCKS! My money goes on eSyndicate :)

Nusaint, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  16. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you any experience with phpLD? The point of my thread is to talk to people who have experience with both of them.

There's plenty of other threads where folks share their love for the program they are using, please post on one of those if you only have experience with one of the two.

YMC, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  17. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I have. I used the free version and used the paid version 4 of phpLD. I have not tried the very latest one. One of my main issue with both was SPAM. Esyndicat gives me better control over spam. I can also get it to work the way I want in terms of category restrictions and category sponsorships.

Regards

Nusaint, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  18. wayzee

wayzee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used both scripts since years but no doubt esyndicat is the best so far in the directory business.

wayzee, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    On the subject of spam - do either of the scripts hook into Akismet?

sarahk, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  20. Western

Western Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Used both of them
    PHPLD - Heavy db queries , when you have an empty phpld website on your server its like you have free adult image image hosting on your server .
    but eSyndicat on the other hand is awesome .

Western, Feb 7, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.