1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone uses a US mail forwarding address with Clickbank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by mzakih, Dec 13, 2006.

Hi guys

I've just signed up with CB using a US mail forwarding address and they require any foreign affiliates who utilize a US address to fax the W-8BEN form (https://www.clickbank.com/accounting.html#taxid).

I've actually filled a W-8BEN form before with other institutions, but since in this case I'm using a mail forwarding address, I would like to know whether to fill the "mailing address" with the US mail forwarding address or just to leave it empty (which means it's the same as my permanent residence address)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Zaki

mzakih, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  2. fabrini88

fabrini88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Zaki.
    I use a US email forwarding service also. I sent them the form like a month ago, only with the permanent address, the other one blank.

Q: Do you have a taxid or do you leave it blank? Just asking because I left it blank. According to what I researched, we don't need one. Do you know about this?

regards.

fabrini88, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  3. mzakih

mzakih Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Fabrini88,

Thanks for your reply.

I've actually faxed CB the W-8BEN form with only the permanent address and yea, it seems that it's working, since the Tax ID# menu is no longer blinking and there is a statement saying "w-8 on file" inside the field - they're the one who filled it, not me.

About the taxid in the W-8BEN form, I left it blank. I have used W-8BEN form before with another institution and left the taxid blank, and I can use the institution's services without any problem. So, I guess it's ok to leave it blank.

Thanks,
    Zaki

mzakih, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  4. Thoth

Thoth Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Zaki,

I was also trying to find an answer to the same question you asked. I was thinking to get mail forwarding from another country but good to know that we can have it from US.

I am also not sure what to write to "Your phone number (required!)" on the clickbank registration page. Have you written your country's telephone number or use a telephone forwarding service?

It would also help if you could give the web address of the mail forwarding service you use.

Thanks and Regards

Thoth, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  5. mangozoom

mangozoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I do not do this but am interested in getting a PO Box and a telephone number from the states ... anyone got any ideas?

John

mangozoom, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  6. mzakih

mzakih Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Thoth,

The mail forwarding service that I use is http://www.usa2me.com.

About the phone number, at first I use USA2Me main number, because they said in their FAQ that for users who are shoppers and purchase on a website that requests a shipping number, those users can use their main number.

However, since I wasn't using their phone number for purchasing, but for a very different purpose, I felt uncomfortable with that, so I asked CB support if I can change the phone number into my home phone number and it seems that's ok.

The answer was actually generic like "feel free to log into your account and change that information," but since they also asked my country of residence before that, I guess they really mean it with that generic answer. So, now, I'm using my home phone number with CB.

Thanks,
    Zaki

mzakih, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  7. Thoth

Thoth Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Zaki,

I appreciate for your detailed explanation. It really helped.

Thanks

Thoth, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  8. motheninja

motheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    by us law, if you make over $600 a year they'll need your tax id to report your earnings to the IRS, unless of course you're not in the US. so I take it you'll have to explain your situation to them.

motheninja, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  9. warchief

warchief Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

we'll that is interesting for me, Can you give me some detailed information? can anyone tell us if clickbank does this "explain your situation to them" or it leaves it for us when they contact us?

I hope if someone has been already doing this for sometime to tell us about their experience.

faithfully,
    warchief

warchief, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  10. CBuilder

CBuilder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dear mzakih,

i am trying to fill w-8BEN form to send it to clickbank and i'd like to ask you a question, in Part III in the form there is a check box labeled "i have provided or will provide ............... I agree to update this statement as required"

did you check this check box on the form you send to click bank or you left it unchecked?

thanks

CBuilder, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  11. mzakih

mzakih Member

Best Answers:
    Hi CBuilder,

Yes, I checked that check box in part III.

Regards,
    Zaki

mzakih, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  12. CBuilder

CBuilder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks alot for your help zaki

CBuilder, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  13. mzakih

mzakih Member

Best Answers:
    You're very welcome CBuilder!

Regards,
    Zaki

mzakih, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  14. muks

muks Member

Best Answers:
    How do you encash your checks if it's addressed to the US?

Does your local bank accept such checks?

muks, May 12, 2007 IP
  15. muks

muks Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone with experience in depositing US addressed checks to your local banks (outside US)?

muks, May 14, 2007 IP
  16. Kevster

Kevster Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have a USA2me account ,whenever I need a phone number,I post the fax no. given to my USA2me account.

Kevster, May 15, 2007 IP
  17. Vreeenom

Vreeenom Peon

Best Answers:
    mzakih,

How do you cash the checks?
    isn't there an address written on them, so when receiving the checks on my usa2me.com address, they'll ship it in my country, but when going to the bank to withdraw it, I have a different address in my ID card..
    :O

Vreeenom, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  18. Immo

Immo Peon

Best Answers:
    I quite agree that Viaddress.com at http://www.viaddress.com offers the lowest shipping rates to forward packages from the US to other countries. Anyone can do a comparison of the shipping rates and find out that Viaddress is the best option if you’re planning to shop from US merchants.

The fact that they don’t have a Setup fee or a monthly membership fee, had convinced me to use them for my last purchase from the states, and I’m quite satisfied with the speed of the processing of my packages.

I decided to follow them on twitter at http://twitter.com/viaddress and I got hold of some pretty generous coupons that I used to get some pretty darn good discounts.

Immo, Feb 18, 2010 IP